- Volume 24 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Effects of Ignition Systems on the Heat Release Rate and Mass Fraction Burnt at a Constant Volume Combustion Chamber
정적연소기에서 점화장치가 열발생률과 잘량연소율에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Published : 2000.11.01
The initial flame kernel development and flame propagation in a constant volume combustion chamber is analyzed by the heat release rate and the mass fraction burnt. The combustion pressure is measured with a piezoelectric type pressure sensor. In order to evaluate the effects of ignition system and ignition energy on the flame propagation, four different ignition systems are designed and tested, and the ignition energy is varied by the dwell time. Several different spark plugs are also tested and examined to analysis the effects of electrodes on flame kernel development. The results show that the when the dwell time is increased, and when the spark plug gap is extended, heat release rate and the mass burnt fraction are increased. The materials and shapes of electrodes affect the flame development, because they change the energy transfer efficiency from electrical energy to chemical energy. The diameter of electrodes influences not only the heat release rate but also the mass burnt fraction as well.
- 송정훈, 선우명호, 1999, 'SI 기관에서 초기화염의 생성 및 성장에 대한 모델링,' 대한기계학회논문집 B권, 제23권, 제2호, pp. 288-298
- Kalghatgi, G. T., 1987, 'Spark Ignition, Early Flame Development and Cyclic Variation in I.C Engine,' SAE paper 870163, SAE Trans.
- Nakamura, N., Kobayashi, T., Hanaoka, M. and Tagaki, N., 1983, 'A New Platinum Tipped Spark Plug Extends the Lean Limit and Useful Life,' SAE paper 830480 SAE Trans.
- Arcounmanis, C., and Bae, C., 1992, 'Correlation between Spark Ignition Characteristics and Flame Development in a Constant-Volume Combustion Chamber,' SAE paper 920413, SAE Trans.
- Fujimoto, M., Nishida, K., Hyroyasu, H. and Tabata, M., 1995, 'Influence of Mixture Stratification Pattern on Combustion Characteristics in a Constant-Volume Combustion Chamber,' SAE paper 952412, SAE Trans.
- Mohan, N., Undeland, T., and Kobbins, W., 1995, 'Power Electronics,' John Wiley & Sons, chap 26, pp. 626-640
- 송정훈, 선우명호, 김우태, 1999, '희박연소기관에서 고점화 에너지에 의한 기관 성능 향상에 관한 연구,' 자동차공학회논문집, 제7권, 제2호
- Ferguson, C., 1986, 'Internal Combustion Engines,' John Wiley & sons, chap 3, pp. 103-148
- Ziegler, G., Wagner, E., and Maly, R., 1984, 'Ignition of Lean Methane-air Mixture by High Pressure Glow and Arc Discharges,' 20th Symposium (International) on Combustion
- Pischinger, S., and Heywood, J. B., 1990, 'How Heat Losses to the Spark Plug Electrodes Affect Flame Kernel Development in an SI-Engine,' SAE paper 900021, SAE Trans.