- Volume 9 Issue 5
On the basis of theory of Bratsch's electronegativity equalization the electronegativity equalization the group electronegativities and the group partial charges for cationic and amphoteric surface and amphoteric surfactants could be calculated using Pauling's electronegativity parameters. From calculated output we have investigated relationships between CMC(critical micelle concentration) and partial charge and group electronegativity of hydrophilic and hydrophobic groups structural stability of micelle for cationic and amphoteric surfactants. As a result CMC depends upon partial charge and electronegativity of hydrophilic group is decreased. With increasing the carbon number of hydrophilic group for cationic surfactant its partial charge is increased but CMC and its electronegativity are decreased. With increasing the carbon number of hydrophobic group for cationic and amphoteric surfactant its partial charge is increased but CMC andits electronegativity are decreased.
- J. Am. Oil Chem. Soc. v.30 Structure and aggregation in dilute solutions of surface activeagents Klebens,H.D.
- Polar covalence Sanderson,R.T.
- Surfactants and interfacial phenomena Rosen,M.J.
- The Hydrophobic Effect Formation of micelles and biological membranes Tanford,C.
- NATO ASI Series v.293 Catlow,C.R.A.
- Science v.144 An interpretation of bond lengths and a classification of bonds Sanderson,R.T.
- J. Chem. Edu. v.62 Electronegativity equalization with Pauling units Bratsch,S.G.
- J. Korean Ind. & Eng. Chem. v.8 no.6 Electronegativity and CMC characteristics of hydrophilic and hydrophobic group for surfactants HA,Y.S.;U.H.Paek;Y.H.Chang
- Industrail oil and fat products Bailey,A.E.
- J. Chem. Edu. v.31 Partial charges on atoms in organic compounds Sanderson,R.T.
- J. Phys. Chem. v.60 Critical micelle concentrations of polyoxyethylated nonionic detergents Hsiao,A.;H.N.Dunning;P.B.Lorenz
- J. Phys. Chem. v.69 The electronegativity of group Huheey,J.E.
- J. Chem. Edu. v.61 A group electronegativity mothod with Pauling units Bratsch,S.G.
- J. Japan Chem. Soc. v.11 The estimation of CMC values by analysis of structural character of surfactants Tokiwa,F.;T.Sasaki
- J. Korea Env. Sci. Soc. v.3 no.1 Ha,Y.S.;M.S.Son;U.H.Peak
- J. Phys. Chem. v.59 The critical micelle concentration in aqueous solutions of potassium alkyl malonates Shinoda,K.
- 新界面活性劑 掘口博
- J. Japan Chem. Soc. no.11 Estimation of CMC valuws by analysis of structural characteristics of surfactants Tokiwa,F.;T.Sasaki