- Volume 3 Issue 1
A numerical investigation was made to examine characteristics of rectangular pontoon type floating breakwaters in oblique waves. Sway and heave wave exciting forces, roll moment acting on the floating breakwater and three motion reponses decrease as the incident wave angle increases for the most of the wave ranges. There exists a minimum wave transmission coefficient which is a function of wave frequency. In short wave range wave transmission coefficient increases as the incident wave angle increases. In long wave range, however, wave transmission coefficient decreases as the wave incident angle increases.
- Journal of Waterway Port Coastal and Ocean Engin. Floating Breakwater design McCarteney,B.L.
- 3rd Int. Conf. Planning Design and Operation Marina Ⅲ Fixed and floating breakwaters for small craft habours. experience at Town Quay Southampton, Haslar Marina, Portsmouth and Parkstone Yacht Haven, Poole Grinyer,A.W.
- Mitsui Technical Review Tokyo no.124 Development of PC Hybrid Floating Breakwater Sugawara,T.;Yoshimura,T.
- PIANC-AIPCN Bulletin no.63 Practical Aspect of Floating Breakwater Design Gaythwaite,J.
- J. Soc. Naval Arch. Japan v.149 On the Multi Body Type Floating Breakwater Kinoshita,T.;Saijo,K.
- 3rd Int. Conf. on the Planning, Design and Operation Marina v.3 Prediction of Floating Breakwater Performance Morey,B.J.(et al.)
- J. Waterway Port Coastal and Ocean Engin. v.117 no.2 Design of Y-frame Floating Breakwater Mani,J.S.
- J. Soc. Naval Arch. Japan v.169 Study on Performance of Floating Breakwater Utilizing the relative motion of Inside Water Ohkuzu,M.;Kashiwagi,M.
- Journal of the Kansai Society of Naval Architects no.177 A Study on Air Controlled Floating Breakwater Nekado,Y.;Kokumai,A.
- J. Soc. Naval Arch. Korea v.35 no.2 An experimental and numerical study on the characteristics of pontoon type breakwater fixed near free surface in regular waves Song,M.;Kim,D.Y.;Lee,H.Y.;Cho,I.H.
- Proc. 3rd. Int. Conf. Hdrodynamics v.1 On the performance of the floating breakwaters Kim,D.Y.;Song,M.;Kim,Y.S.;Lew,H.J.
- Int. J. for Numerical methods in Engineering v.18 An integral equation method for the diffraction of oblique waves by an infinite cylinder Liu,P.;Abbaspour,M.