- Volume 12 Issue 6
The size effect on axial compressive strength in notched concrete specimens was experimentally investigated. Based on the concept of the fracture mechanics and size effect law, theoretical studies for axial compressive failure of concrete were reviewed, and two failure modes of concrete specimens under compression were discussed. In this study, experiments of axial compressive failure, which is one of the two failure modes, was carried out by using cylindrical specimens. Adequate notch length was taken from the experimental result of strength variation based on the notch length. And, by taking various sizes of specimens the size effect on axial compressive strength of concrete was investigated. Also, model equations were suggested by modified size effect law (MSEL). The test results show that size effect appears conspicuously for all series of specimens. Additionally, the effect of initial notch length on axial compressive strength was also apparent.
- Metal Journal of Engineering Mechanics v.110 no.4 Size Effect in Blunt Fracture: Concrete, Rock Bazant, Z. P.
- Proceedings v.25 Effect of Size and Shape of Test Specimen on Compressive Strength of Concrete Gonnerman, H. F.
- Journal of ACI Preceedings Mass Concrete as Affected by Size and Aggregate and Related Factors Ruettgers, A.
- Magazine of Concrete Research v.8 no.23 The Influence fo Size of Concrete Test Cuves on Mean Strength and Standard Deviation Neville, A. M.
- Journal of ACI v.63 A General Relation for Strength of Concrete Specimens of Different Shape and Size Neville, A. M.
- 콘크리트학회논문집 v.9 no.1 비표준형 실린더 공시체에 대한 압축강도의 크기효과 김진근;어석홍;이성태
- ACI Structural Journal v.96 no.1 Size Effecrt on Compressive Strength of Plain and Spirally Reinforced Concrete Cylinders Kim, J.K.;Yi, S.T.;Park, C.K.;Eo, S.H.
- ACI Structural Journal v.97 no.2 Size Effect on Flexural Compressive Strength of Concrete Specimens Kim, J.K.;Yi, S.T.;Yang, E.I.
- 콘크리트학회논문집 v.11 no.4 부재의 길이가 콘크리트의 휨압축강도에 미치는 영향 김진근;이성태;이태규
- 콘크리트학회논문집 v.12 no.5 부재의 깊이가 콘크리트의 휨압축강도에 미치는 영향 이성태;김진근;김장호
- Magazine of Concrete Research v.42 no.153 Size Effect in Concrete Specimens with Dissimilar Initial Cracks Kim, J.K.;Eo, S.H.
- Fracture Mechanics: Application to Concrete Size Effect in Concrete Structural without Initial Crack Kim, J.K.;Eo, S.H.;Park, H.K.
- J. of Engineering. Mechanics v.123 no.2 Size Effect in Compression Fracture : Splitting Crack Band Propagation Bazant, Z.P.;Xiang, Y.
- International Journal of Fracture Mechanics v.8 no.2 Brittle Fracture in Compression Cotterell, B.
- Journal of Applied Mechanics v.55 A Microcrack Model of Dilatancy in Brittle Material Nemat-Nasser, S.;Obata, M.
- Cement and Concrete Research v.25 no.4 Softening of Concrete in Compression Localization and Size Effects Markeset, G.;Hillerborg, A.
- J. of Engineering Mechanics v.123 no.1 Effect of Length on Compressive Strain Softening of Concrete Jansenm, D.C.;Shah, S. P.
- Library(Edition 8) Sixth Floor, NBC Building, 7500 Bellaire Blvd, Houston, Texas 77036 IMSL
- Probability Statistics, and Decision for Civil Engineers Benjamin, J.R.;Cornell, C.A.