- Volume 36 Issue 1
A low frequency, high power hydroacoustic transducer with 7 tonpilz piston elements assembled in a circular array suitable for marine application, such as the transmission of underwater information and the development of new fisheries resources in the deep sea zone was designed. A modified Mason's model was applied to monitor and to simulate the transducer behavior at each step during the fabrication. The in air, and in water constructed tonpilz transducer was tested experimentally and numerically by changing the size and the type of the material for head, tail and acoustic window. Also, the developed transducer was excited by pulse signals and the received waveform was analyzed. The resonance peaks in the transmitting voltage response(TVR) of a single tonpilz element without housing were observed at 11.33kHz in air and 10.93kHz in air and 10.93 kHz in water, respectively, with the overall electrical-acoustic efficiency of 43.7%. The value of TVR of single tonpilz element with aluminum housing in water was 129.87dB re 1
- Underwater Electroacoustic Transducers Stansfield, D.
- Electromechanical transducers and Wave Filters Mason, W. P.
- Transducer needs for macrosonics, in Power Transducers for Sonics and Ultrasonics Gallego-juarez, J. A.;Harmonic B. F.(eds.);O. B. Wilson(eds.);J. N. Decarpigny(eds.)
- ICES Int. Symp. on Fish. & Plank. Acoustics Broadband target strength functions of 3 species freshwater free-swimming fish Dziedzic, A.;Chorier, C.;Dubois, J. P.;Vray, D.
- -Theory and Device- Bulk Acoustic Wave Rosenbaum, J. F.
- ICES Int. Symp. on Fish. and Plank. Acoustics Wide band sounder for fish species identification at sea Zakharia, M. E.;Magand, F.;Hetroit, F.;Diner, N.
- Introduction to Theory and Design of Sonar Transducers wilson, O. B.
- ICES Int. Symp. on Fish. and Plank. Acoustics Species identification using wideband backscatter with neural network and discriminant analysis Simmonds, E. J.;Armstrong, F.;Copland, P. J.
- Fisheries Acoustics LacLennan, D. N.;Simmonds, E.j.
- Transducer needs for oceanography, in Power Transducers for Sonics and Ultrasonics Person, R.;Harmonic B.F(eds.);O. B. Wilson(eds.)