- Volume 10 Issue 3
This paper investigates the use of boundary element method(BEM) to analyze the insertion loss of a noise barrier. To begin with the validity of the BEm for the analysis of noise barrier insertion loss in checked by both Lam's theoretical method and the measurements in the anechoic chamber for the scale-down models. Through simulation it is shown that using 2D BEM model is sufficient to the analysis for the barrier with large ratio of length to height. By using 2D BEM model the insertion loses are predicted for the real noise barriers in several cases which are the case that they are built parallel on both roadsides the one that there are multiple sound sources and the one that there is a gap between a concrete structure and a barrier plate.
- Applied Acoustics v.49 no.1 Acoustic Performance of an Interference-Type Noise-Barrier Profile Watts, G. R.;Morgan, P. A.
- Jouranl of Sound and Vibration v.211 no.4 A BEM Approach to Assess the Acoustic Performance of Noise Barriers in a Refracting Atmosphere Li, K. M.;Wang, Q.
- Applied Acoustics v.53 no.4 Noise Barriers with Reactive Surfaces Fujiwara, K.;Hothersall, D. C.;Kim, C-H.
- Applied Acoustics v.1 Noise Reduction by Screens Maekawa, Z.
- Applied Acoustics v.42 Using Maekawa's Chart to Calculate finite Length Barrier Insertion Loss Lam, Y. W.
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.146 no.2 Efficiency of Singel Noise Barriers Hothersall, D. C.;Chandler-Wilde S. N.;Hajmirzae M. N.
- Jounal of the Acoustical Society of America v.97 no.4 On the Use of Variable Order Infinite Wave Envelope Elements for Acoustic Radiation and Scattering Cremers, L.;Fyfe, K. R.
- Applied Acoustics v.53 A Study of 2D and 3D Barrier Insertion Loss using Improved Diffraction-based Methods Muradali, M.;Fyfe, K. R.
- 응용물리 v.11 no.3 축척모형 실험에 의한 방음벽 뒤 회절음의 음향특성 연구 정성수;황철호;이승현;성연수
- Journal of the Acoustical Society of America v.55 Diffraction of Sound Around Corners and over Wide Barriers Pierce, A. D.
- Applied Acoustics v.37 Expressions of Maekawa's Chart for Computation Yamamoto, K;Takagi, K.
- SYSNOISE Rev.5.3
- ANSYS Rev.5.4 Swanson Analysis Systems