- Volume 33 Issue 2
The purpose of this paper is to introduce current trends of library and information science in UK universities, based on their history, developments, curriculum changes and new information market. Since 1980 there were fundamental changes, both in departmental structure and recruitment. The impact of the evolving information markets has meant an introduction of new way of thinking and new methods into the traditional subjects of librarianship and information studies. The review on this topic has found trends in library and information studies departments as follows. - Name changed : many of the changes have been made for pragmatic and financial reasons with professional development. - Restructuring and reorganisation : there were a general move away from a traditional small subject-based departments to broadly based information studies structures. - Mergers with other academic departments: department of library and information studies tended to be put with other technology-based subjects. - Emphasis on information technology based teaching and learning.
- 한국문헌정보학회지 v.31 no.1 현단계 한국문헌정보학의 발전 전략 김정근;이수상
- Course handbook School of Informatics;City University
- Annual Review of Information Science and Technology v.28 Library and information science education in the United Kingdom Brittain, J. M.;MacDougall, J.
- University Prospectus Loughborough University
- Information UK outlooks no.13 The future of library and information science research in the UK Meadows, A. J.;Rovertson, S.;Wilson, T.
- Masters programme in electronic publishing Department of Information Science, City University
- Undergraduate degree programmes in the department Department of Information Science, Loughborough University
- 한국문헌정보학회지 v.32 no.4 학부제하의 문헌정보학과 교육과정 개발연구 한복희
- 도서관학 v.16 도서관학 교육의 전망 엄영애
- Course Information Deparment of Information and Library Studies, University of Wales - Aberystwyth
- Programmes Information Department of Information Studies, University of Sheffield
- The Times Higher Education Supplement, 20 December THES Special pull-out: result of the 1996 Research Assessment Exercise
- Student Hand book The School of Library;Archive and Information Studies;University College London
- 한국문헌정보학회지 v.12 no.2 정보학의 성격규명에 관한 연구 고영만
- Proceedings of the 1st British-Nordic LIS Conference, Copenhagen, 22-24 May 1995 Adding value: Management education and continuing professional development in the library and information sector Evans, M. K.