- Volume 8 Issue 1
A Study on the Remaining Concentration of Pesticides in Tap Water of Taejon City by Ellman′s Enzyme Method and the Countermeasure
Ellman 효소법에 의한 대전시 상수도내 살충제의 잔류농도 결정 및 그 대책에 관한 연구
- 이봉호 (대전산업대학교 공업화학과) ;
- 이영순 (서울산업대학교 안전공학과) ;
- 전종한 (대전산업대학교 공업화학과)
- Published : 1999.02.01
The degree of pesticides accumulation in tap water in Taejon from June 1995 to Apr 1996 was measured by Ellman's coupled enzyme assay. Since organic phosphate and carbamate pesticides specifically inhibit the neurotransmitter modulating enzyme acetylcholinesterase(AChE), the enzyme activity can be used as a diagnosis for the pesticides accumulation in water and various samples. During the period of this study, the enzyme activity was changed almost every week. The lowest enzyme activity was 64 % of that of the control reaction and there are several days showing about 100 % enzyme activity. In general, the enzyme activity is higher in summer than other seasons especially early spring times. The pH value of tap water was very close to neutral(pH 7.0) and it seems that the enzyme activity was not affected by the small pH changes. Either boiling of tap water or addition of NaOH solution decomposed the pesticide components. These results show that AChE assay is a convenient, sensitive, and reliable method for detection of pesticides in water samples.
Tap Water;Pesticides;Remaining Concentration of Pesticides;Ellman′s Enzyme Assay;Acetylcholinesterase Inhibition
- Chem. Rev. v.87 Acetylcholinesterase: Enzyme Structure, Reaction Dynamics, and Virtual Transition States Quinn, D.M.
- In vivo Studies of Brain Acetylcholinesterase Inhibitiom by Organophosphate and Carbamate Insecticide in Fish Carter, F.L.
- Trans Am. Fish Soc. v.90 Acute Toxicity of Some Organic Insecticides to Three Species of Salmonids and to Threespine Stickle-back Katz, M.
- Water Res. v.4 Chronic Malathion Toxicity to Bluegill Eaton, J.G.
- 한국공업화학회지 v.6 효소억제 반응에 의한 충남 논산지역의 유기인계 및 카바메이트계 농약의 잔류농도 결정 및 주변동물에 대한 독성 연구 이영순;이봉호;전종한
- U.S. Fish Wildl. Serv. Biol. Rep. v.88 no.16 Agricultural Chemicals and the Quality of Prairie-Pathole Wetlands for Adult and Juvenile Waterfowl-What are the Concerns? Proceedings of the National Symposium on Protection of Wetlands from Agriccultural Impacts Crue, C.E.;Tome, M.W.;Swanson, G.A.;Borthwick, S.M.;DeWeese, L.R.
- Cholinesterase-Inhibiting Insecticides Difficulties in the Regulatory Assesment of Cholinesterase-Inhibiting Insecticides Mineau, P.
- Trans Am. Fish Soc. v.99 Insecticides Susceptibility of Some Common Fish Family Representitives Macek, K.J.;McAllister, W.A.
- Biochem. Pharmacol. v.7 A New And Rapid Colorimetric Determination of Acetylcholinesterase Activity Ellman, G.L.;Coutney, K.D.;Andres, Jr.V.;Featherstone, R.M.
- Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. v.55 Monitoring of Organophosphorus Insecticides in the Guadalete River(Southern Spain) Gomez-Gomez, C.;Arufe-Martinez, M.I.;Romero-Palanco, J.L.;Gamero-Lucas, J.J.;Vizcaya-Rojas, M.A.
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.20 Inhibition of Acetylcholinesterase from Maammals and Insects by Carbofuran and Its Related Compounds and Their Toxicities toward These Animals Yu, C.C.;Metcalfand, R.L.;Booth, G.M.
- Bull. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. v.12 Sublethal Effects of Malathion to Three Salmonid Species Post, G.;Leasure, R.A.
- Bamidgeh Bull. Fish Cult. Israel v.21 Sensitivity of Pond Fish to Azinphosmethyl and Parathion Lahav, M.;Sarig, S.
- 대한환경공학회지 v.18 no.5 낙동강유역 하천수의 농약 유출 특성 박영규;이철희;이순화;김종우
- Water Res. v.10 River Pollution by Anticholinesterase Agents Coppage, D.L.;Braidech, T.E.
- Organophosphorus Compounds Experimental and Clinical Neurotoxicology Davis, C.S.;Richardson, R.J.
- J. Chromatogr. v.643 Environmental Protection Agency and other methods for the determination of priority pesticides and their transformation products in water Barcelo, D.
- Anal. Lett. v.26 Detection of Pesticide in Drinking Water Using Real-Time Biospecific Interaction Analysis Minunni, M.;Mascini, M.
- Insecticides: Action and Metabolism O'Brien, R.D.