- Volume 15 Issue 2
Specimens of five species of Apodemus(A. agrarius, A. chevrieri, A. draco, A. latronum, and A. peninsulae) from east Asia (Korea and China) were used for numerical taxonomic analyses with 31 external and cranial characters. Two groups and eight subgroups within them were recognized: [I; a large-size form; (A. agrarius chejuensis), (A. chevrieri), (A. draco orestes and A. latronum), and(A. peninsulae peninsulae and A. p. preator)], [II; a small-size form; (A. agrarius coreae), (A. agrarius manchuricus, A. a. ningpoensis, and A. a. pallidior), (A. draco draco), and (A. peninsulae sowerbyi)]. Conclusions based on morphometric analyses are such as followings: 1) Morphometric characters appeared not to be useful in order to distinguish two subgenera in Apodemus (Apodemus and Alsomys), 2) further analysis is necessary to determine whether or not A. draco and A. latronum are conspecific, and 3) A. a. chejuensis is in morphometric characters the largest form among five species of Apodemus studied. Moreover, it is confirmed: 1) A. agrarius, A. chevrieri, and A. peninsulae are distinct species, 2) A. draco and A. latronum are not conspecific with A. peninsulae. 3) Three forms of A. agrarius (large-size form, medium-size form, and small-size form) can be recognized as three subspecies [(A. a. chejuensis), (A. agrarius coreae), and (A, a, ningpoensis including A. a. manchuricus and A. a. pallidior)], 4)A. draco draco and A. draco orestes are distinct subspecies, 5) A. peninsulae peninsulae (including A. p. preator) and A. p. sowerbyi are distinct subspecies.
- The mammals of China and Mongolia. Allen, G. M.
- British Mus.(Nat. Hist.) The mammals of the Palaearctic region: A taxonomic review Corbet, G. B.
- A world list of mammalian species Corbet, G. B.;J. E. Hill
- British Mus.(Nat. Hist.) Checklist of Palaearctic and Indian mammal Ellerman, J. R.;T. C. S. Morrison-Scott
- TREE v.11 Combining data in phylogenetic analysis Huelsenbeck, J. P.;J. J. Bull;C. W. Cunningham
- Univ. Kansas Publ. Mus.(Nat. Hist.) v.16 Synopsis of the lagomorphs and rodents of Korea Jones, J. K.;D. H. Johnson
- Contemporary mammalogy in China and Japan, Mamm. Soc. Japan Taxonomical problems in the genus Apodemus and its allies Kobayashi, T.;T. Kawamichi(ed.)
- Korean J. Zool. v.26 A study on age variation and secondary sexual dimorphism in morphometric characters of Korean rodents: I. An analysis on striped field mice, Apodemus agrarius coreae, from Cheongju Koh, H. S.
- Korean J. Syst. Zool. v.7 Morphometric analyses with eight subspecies of striped field mice, Apodemus agrarius Pallas (Rodentia, Mammalia), in Asia: The taxonomic status of subspecies chejuensis at Cheju Island in Korea Koh, H. S.
- Korean J. Syst. Zool. v.12 Morphometric variation in three subspecies of Korean field mouse, Apodemus peninsulae Thomas (Mammalia, Rodentia), in China and Korea Koh, H. S.;W. J. Lee;Y. Ma
- Korean J. Syst. Zool. v.14 Morphometric analyses with 15 subspecies of striped field mouse, Apodemus agrarius Pallas (Mammalia, Rodentia) from Eurasia. Koh, H. S.;G. Tikhonova
- Vestnik Zoologii v.5 Two closely related mice species-Sylvaemus sylvativus and S. flavicolis (Rodentia, Muridae) in an area of their overlapping occurrence Mezhzherin, S. V.;E. I. Kashkova
- Principles and techniques of contemporary taxonomy Quicke, D. L. J.
- Mammals of eastern Asia Tate, G. H. H.
- Proc. Zool. Soc. London The Duke of Bedford's zoological exploration in eastern Asia: Ⅱ. List of small mammals from Korea and Quelpart Thomas, O.
- Zoological Institute Fauna of the USSR mammals Vinogradov, B. S.;A. I. Argiropulo
- Zool. Zh. v.56 On specific status of Asian wood mice of the genus Apodemus(Mammalia, Rodentia) from Siberia and Far East. Vorontsov, N. N.;T. S. Bekasova;B. Kral;K. V. Korobitsina;E. Y. Ivanitskaya
- Contempory mammalogy in China and Japan, Mamm. Soc. Japan Subspecific classification and distribution of Apodemus agrarius in Sichuan, China Wang, Y.;T. Kawamichi(ed.)
- Mammal species of the world Wilson, D. E.;D. M. Reeder
- Acta Theriol. Sinica v.4 A study on Chinese Apodemus with a discussion of its relations to Japanese species Xia, W.
- Acta Theriologica Sinica v.8 Phallic morphology of 13 species of the family Muridae from China, with comments on its taxonomic significance Yang, A.;L. Fang
- Bonner Zoologische Beitrage v.13 Die untergattungen der gattung Apodemus Kaup Zimmermann, K.