- Volume 8 Issue 5
A Numerical Experiments on the Atmospheric Circulation over a Complex terrain around Coastal Area. Part I : A Verification of Proprietyh of Local Circulation Model Using the Linear Theory
연안부근 복잡지형의 대기유동장 수치실험 I -선형이론을 이용한 국지순환모형의 타당성 검토-
- 이화운 (부산대학교 대기과학과) ;
- 김유근 (부산대학교 대기과학과) ;
- 정우식 (부산대학교 대기과학과)
- Published : 1999.10.01
A sea/land breeze circulation system and a regional scale circulation system are formed at a region which has complex terrain around coastal area and affect to the dispersion and advection of air pollutants. Therefore, it is important that atmospheric circulation model should be well designed for the simulation of regional dispersion of air pollutants. For this, Local Circulation Model, LCM which has an ability of high resolution is used. To verify the propriety of a LCM, we compared the simulation result of LCM with an exact solution of a linear theory over a simple topography. Since they presented almost the same value and pattern of a vertical velocity at the level of 1 km, we had a reliance of a LCM. For the prediction of dispersion and advection of air pollutants, the wind filed should be calculated with high accuracy. A numerical simulation using LCM will provide more accurate results over a complex terrain around coastal area.
a linear theory;exact solution;LCM;propriety
- Toshi no Taiki-kankyo (Atmospheric Environment in Urban) Kawamura, T.
- Beitr. Phys. Frei. Atmos. v.29 The three-dimensional lee wave Wurtele, M.
- J. Meteor. Soc. Japan v.61 A numerical experiment of the nocturnal low level jet over the Kanto Plain Kimura, F.;S. Arakawa
- J. Atmos. Sci v.19 Scale analysis of deep and shallow convection in the atmosphere Ogura, T.;N.A. Phillips
- Mon. Wea. Rev. v.111 An Upper Boundary Condition Permitting Internal Gravity Wave Radiation in Numerical Mesoscale Models Klemp, J.B.;D.R. Durran
- Tellus v.32 Linear theory of stratified hydrostatic flow past an isolated mountain Smith, R.B.
- J. Atmos. Sci. v.41 Analytical surface pressure and drag for linear hydrostatic flow over three-dimensional elliptical mountains Phillips, D.S.
- J. Meteor. Soc. Japan v.59 Numerical study on the effects of mountains on the land and sea breeze circulation in the Kanto district Kikuchi, T.;S. Arakawa;F. Kimura;K. Shirasaki;T. Nagano
- J. Comp. Phys. v.21 A simple boundary condition for unbounded hyperbolic flows Orlanski, I.