- Volume 35 Issue 4
Target strength of fishes for estimating biomass -Distribution characteristics and target strength measurement of micronektonic fish, Maurolicus muelleri in the East Sea
자원량 추정을 위한 어체의 반사강도에 관한 연구 -동해남부해역의 앨퉁이(Maurolicus muelleri)의 분포특성 및 반사강도 측정
- 윤갑동 (부경대학교)
- Published : 1999.11.01
The in situ target strengths of, maurolicus muelleri were measured by the split beam echo sounder system at the frequency of 38kHz.Target strengths were measured during the night time in order to obtain the pure separated echoes from the scattered individual. And also it was to establish reasonable threshold due to taking the signals like as the planktons and etc.Since Maurolicus muelleri is a typical micronektonic fish, they mainly consisted of deep scattering layers(DSLs), and had a vertical migration perrodically during daytime and at night.We found that the Maurolicus muelleri occupied about 99% of total catch. Total length ranged from 4.5 to 5.7cm with a mean of 5.2cm and a standard deviation of 0.22cm.The target strengths of Maurolicus muelleir ranged from -60.4 to - 52.7dB and -59.2 to - 52.5 dB in the water layer of 10~30m and 30~50m depth, perspectively. Mean target strength was -57.1dB/fish and -28.5dB/kg. The target strength had the relation with the total length of the fish as, TS=20logL-71.4.
- J. Acoust. Soc. Am. v.82 no.3 Fish target strength for use in echo integration surveys Foote, K. G.
- The Journal of Shimonoseki University of Fisheries v.41 no.3 Studies on the Acoustics Method for Estimating Biomass of Micronektonic Fish Hamano, A.
- Bull. Jpn. Soc. Fish. Oceanogr v.60 no.1 Acoustic Survey of Distribution and Abundance of Micronektonic Fish, Maurolicus muelleri, in the southwestern Japan Sea Noda, K.;Morikaki, S.
- J. Korea Fish. Soc. v.29 no.1 Acoustic target strength of the pelagic fish in the southern waters of Korean Yoon, G. D.;Kim, Z. G.;Choi, Y. M.
- Bull. Jap. Sea Reg. Fish. Res. Lab. no.23 Early Life History of the Gonostomatid fish, Maurolicus muelleri, in the Japan Sea Okiyama, M.
- FAO Fish. Rep. v.300 Target strength measurements of walleye pollock(Theragra chalcogramma) and a simulation study of the dual beam method Traynor, J. J.;Wiliamson, N. J.
- FAO Fisheries Report, No. 300 A Review of in situ Target Strength Estimation Technique Ehrenberg J. E.
- J. Korea Fish. Tech. Soc. v.28 no.4 Hydroacoustic investigation on the distribution and migration behavior of fish Lee, D. J.
- J. Korea Fish. Soc. v.34 no.4 Acoustic target strength of pelagic fish specices to echo integration in Korea waters Yoon, G. D.;Ha, G. Y.
- J. Korean. Soc. Fish. Res. v.1 no.1 Distribution and Stomach Contents of Maurolicus muelleri in the Sea of Japan(East Sea) Ohshimo, S.