- Volume 35 Issue 3
A Astudy on Bandwidth Enhancement of a Ultrasonic Transducer with a Taper
Taper형 초음파 진동자의 대역폭 개선에 관한 연구
- Published : 1999.08.01
A ultrasonic transduce with a single acoustic matching layer has been designed as an attempt to increase the bandwidth of underwater transducer. The wideband resonance condition was accomplished by attaching a single matching layer on the front face of a ceramic resonator composed of a piezoelectric bar, a taper part and a head part. A modified Mason's model was used for the performance analysis and the design of transducers, and the constructed transducers were tested experimentally and numerically by changing the impedance and thickness of the matching layer in the water tank.The obtained results are summarized as follows:1. Measured resonant and antiresonant frequencies of the piezoelectric transducer with no matching layer in air were 24.7 kHz and 25.6 kHz, respectively. 2. Two resonant frequencies of the piezoelectric transducer with a single matching layer were 21.7 kHx and 26.9 kHz, respectively, in air and 21.4 kHz and 22.7 kHz, respectively, with a water load.3. Two distinct resonance peaks in the transmitting voltage response(TVR) of the developed transducer were observed at 22.0 kHz and 25.8 kHz, respectively, with center frequency of 24.0 kHz. The values of TVR at these frequencies were 130.1 dB re
- User's Manual TAC program U.S. NUSC
- 한국어업기술학회지 v.34 no.1 어종식별을 위한 광대역초음파 변환기의 설계, - 단일음향정합층을 이용한 이중공진형 초음파 변환기의 설계 - 李昊在
- IEEE Trans. v.SU-13 The Effect of backing and matching on the performance of piezoelectric ceramic transducers Kossoff, G.
- IEEE Trans. v.SU-25 The design of efficient braod-band piezoelectric transducers Desilet, C.S.;J.D Fraser;G.S. Kino
- Underwater Acoustics Camp, L.
- Introduction ot Theory and Design of Sonar Transducers Wilson O.B.
- Int. Symp. Fish. Acoustics A prototype of wide-band sonar for fisheries in lakes and rivers Zakharia M.E.
- IEEE Trans. Ultrason. Ferroelect. Freq. Cont. v.40 Tompilz piezoelectric transducers with acoustic matching plates for underwater color image transmission Inoue T.;T. Nada;T. Tsuchiya;T. Nakanishi;T. Miyama;M. Konno
- J. Acoust. Soc. Am. v.77 no.2 Optimization of the transmitting characteristics of a Tonpilz-type transducer by proper choice of impedance matching layers Crombrugge M.;W. Thompson
- Rapp P-v. Reun Cons Perm. int. Explor. Mer v.189 A wide-band echosounder : measurements on cod, saithe, herring and mackerel from 27-54 kHz Simmonds E.J.;F. Armstrong