- Volume 35 Issue 4
It is main objective of this approach to present a method to analyse stochastic design sensitivity for problems of structural dynamics with randomness in design parameters. A combination of the adjoint variable approach and the second order perturbation method is used in the finite element approach. An alternative form of the constant functional that holds for all times is introduced to consider the time response of dynamic sensitivity. The terminal problem of the adjoint system is solved using equivalent homogeneous equations excited by initial velocities. The numerical procedures are shown to be much more efficient when based on the fold superposition method: the generalized co-ordinates are normalized and the correlated random variables are transformed to uncorrelated variables, whereas the secularities are eliminated by the fast Fourier transform of complex valued sequences. Numerical algorithms have been worked out and proved to be accurate and efficient : they can be readily adapted to fit into the existing finite element codes whose element derivative matrices can be explicitly generated. The numerical results of two cases -2 dimensional portal frame for the comparison with reference and 3-dimensional frame structure - for the deterministic sensitivity analysis are presented.
- Design Sensitivity Analysis of Structural Systems Haug, E. J.;Choi, K. K.;Komkov, V.
- Comput. Struct. v.21 Structural Design Sensitivity Analysis of Nonlinear Response Ryu, Y. S.;Haririan, M.;Arora, J. S.
- AIAA J. v.24 1st and 2nd order Sensitivity Analysis of Non-linear Systems Mroz, Z.;Haftka, R. T.
- 大漢機械學會 論文集 v.18 no.8 Structural Optimization using Stochastic Finite Element Method Lim, O. K.(et al.)
- J. Eng. Mech. v.113 no.6 Structural Response Variability Shinozuka, M.
- J. Eng. Mech. v.109 no.5 Stochastic Finite Element Analysis of Simple Beams Vanmarcke, E.;Grigoriu, M.
- J. Eng. Mech. v.114 no.12 Structural Response Variability Ⅱ Bucher, C. G.
- J. Eng. Mech. v.117 no.8 Weighted Integr-al Method Ⅰ: Stochastic Stiffness Matrix Deodatis, G.
- Appl. Mech. Rev. v.41 no.5 Finite Element Methods in Probabilistic Structural Analysis : A Selective Review Benaroya, H.;Rehak, M.
- Int. J. Num. Meth. in Eng. v.23 Random Field Finite Elements Liu, W. K.;Belytschko, T.;Mani, A.
- Comput. Struct. v.12 The Stochastic Finite Element Method Contreras, H.
- Comput. Struct. v.12 Structural Optimization by Chance Constrained Programming Techniques Rao, S. S.
- J. Eng. Mech. Div. v.100 no.EM1 Exact and Inrariant 2nd-Moment Code Format Hasofer, A. M.;Lind, N. C.
- these d'Etat, Univ. de Nice Quelques Results en Optimization de domain Bousselet, B.
- Comput. Struct. v.37 no.6 Finite Element Analysis based on Stochastic Hamilton Variational Principle Hien, T. D.;Kleiber, M.
- Comput, Struct. v.38 no.516 Stochastic Structural Design Sensitivity of Static Response Hien, T. D.;Kleiber, M.
- Int. J. Num. Meth. in Eng. v.32 Stochastic Design Sensitivity in Structural Dynamics Hien, T. D.;Kleiber, M.
- The Stochastic Finite Element Method Hien, T. D.;Kleiber, M.
- 大韓土木學會 論文集 v.10 no.2 Variational Approach for the Design Sensitivity Analysis of Geometrically Non-linear Structures Ryu, Y. S.