- Volume 16 Issue 2
We performed CCD photometric observations of W UMa type contact binary BV Dra during eight nights from May 1996 to June 1999 using 61cm telescope at Sobaeksan Optical Astronomy Observatory, and completed BV R light curves of the system. From our observations, we derived nine new times of minimum lights (five timings for primary eclipse, four for secondary) and determined new light elements with the times of minima observed since 1999. Our BV R light curves and Batten & Lu(1986)'s radial-velocity ones were simultaneously analyzed with contact mode (Mode 3) of Wilson-Devinney's binary model, and the photometric and spectroscopic solutions for BV Dra were solved. In the analysis, we derived the solutions of 1999 light curves with and without spots, respectively. As the results, asymmetry of light curves may be interpreted as produced by the existence of two spots; hot spot on the secondary and cool on the primary. Combining solutions of light curves and radial-velocity ones, absolute dimensions of BV Dra are
- AJ v.70 Batten, A. H.;Hardie, R. H.
- ApJ v.356 Wilson, R. E.
- ApJ v.166 Wilson, R. E.;Devinney, E. J.
- A&A v.335 Pantazis, G.;Niarchos, P. G.
- Ap&SS v.115 Karimie, M. T.
- AJ v.92 Kaluzny, J.;Rucinski, S. M.
- PASP v.98 Batten, A. H.;Lu, W.
- Ap&SS v.60 Yamasaki, A.
- New Frontiers in Interacting Binary Star Researches Wilson, R. E.;K. C. Leung(ed.);I.-S. Nha(ed.)
- A&A v.19 Rucinski, S. M.
- ApJS v.40 Mengel, J. G.;Sweigart, A. V.;Demarque, P.;Gross, P. G.
- ApJ v.234 Wilson, R. E.
- Ap&SS v.88 Rucinski, S. M.;Kaluzny, J.
- AJ v.106 van Hamme, W.
- A&AS v.51 Maceroni, C.;Milano, L.;Russo, G.
- A&AS v.70 Rovithis, P.;Rovithis-Livaniou, H.
- Ap&SS v.82 Rovithis, P.;Rovithis-Livaniou, H.
- PKAS v.8 Park, N.-K.
- Bull., Astron., Insts., Neth. v.12 Kwee, K. K.;van Woerden, H.
- BASS v.2 Wood, D. B.
- A&AS v.48 Geyer, E. H.;Hoffmann, M.;Karimie, M. T.
- J. Astrophys., Astr. v.11 Hardie, R. H.;Hall, S. H.