- Volume 16 Issue 2
ROCHE CONFIGURATIONS OF TWO NEAR-CONTACT BIN ARIES: DO CAS AND SW LYN
근접촉쌍성 DO Cas와 SW Lyn의 로쉬 모형
- 김호일 (한국천문연구원) ;
- 이우백 (한국천문연구원) ;
- 성언창 (한국천문연구원) ;
- 경재만 (한국천문연구원) ;
- 윤재혁 (한국천문연구원)
- Published : 1999.12.01
Light curves of two near-contact binaries DO Cas and SW Lyn are analyzed to investigate their Roche configurations. We made new BVR observations for DO Cas and employed the published observation data for SW Lyn. Our four night observations for DO Cas were secured over 8 days so that the contamination by the intrinsic light variation is minimized. Based on the WD model, we found that DO Cas could be classified as a near-contact binary, while SW Lyn is better described by semi-detached configuration. Furthermore it is also possible to classify DO Cas as a contact binary. It appears that there are ambiguities in the class of near-contact configuration, and further observations and re-analysis are required to establish the near-contact nature of binary systems.
- Active Close Binaries Shaw, J. S.;C. Ibanoglu(ed.)
- 한국우주과학회지 v.12 김호일;한원용;이우백;김천휘
- 박사학위 논문, 서울대학교 박남규
- ApJ v.461 Shaw, J. S.;Caillault, J.-P.;Schmitt, J. H. M. M.
- ApJS v.40 Menzel, J. G.;Sweigart, A. V.;Demarque, P.;Gross, P. G.
- 개인서신 오규동
- AJ v.106 Van Hamme, W.
- AJ v.72 Gleim, J. K.
- Acta. Astr v.35 Kaluzny, J.
- 한국우주과학회지 v.13 오규동;김천휘
- private communication Wilson, R. E.