- Volume 16 Issue 2
ABSORBED HEAT-FLUX METHOD FOR GROUND SIMULATION OF ON-ORBIT THERMAL ENVIRONMENT OF SATELLITE
- Kim, Jeong-Soo (Korea Aerospace Research Institute) ;
- Chang, Young-Keun (Korea Aerospace Research Institute)
- Published : 1999.12.01
An absorbed heat-flux method for ground simulation of on-orbit thermal environment of satellite is addressed in this paper. For satellite ground test, high vacuum and extremely low temperature of deep space are achieved by space simulation chamber, while spatial environmental heating is simulated by employing the absorbed heat-flux method. The methodology is explained in detail with test requirement and setup implemented on a satellite. Developed heat-load control system is presented with an adjusted PID-control logic and the system schematic realized is shown. A practical and successful application of the heat simulation method to KOMPSAT(Korea Multi-purpose Satellite)thermal environmental test is demonstrated, finally.
- Satellite Thermal Control Handbook Gilmore, D. G.
- Real-Time Computer Control Bennett, S.
- Thermal Radiation Analyzer System TRASYS
- MIL-STD-1540B(USAF Military Standard) Test Requirements for Space Vehicles
- Proceedings of the KSAS Spring Annual Meeting Kim, J. S.;Cho, J. H.
- Proceedings of KSAS (the Korean Society for Aeronautical & Space Sciences) Spring Annual Meeting Kim, J. S.;Cho, J. H.;Choi, J. M.
- GX-21S-22, KOMPSAT CDRL IT-03 KOMPSAT FM Thermal Vacuum and Thermal Balance Test Procedure Kim, J. S.;Choi, S. W.
- Proceedings of the KSAS Fall Annual Meeting Kim, J. S.;Cho, J. H.