- Volume 16 Issue 2
VARIATIONS OF THE LOCAL TIME OF ASCENDING NODE FOR THE INITIAL INCLINATIONS OF THE KOMPSAT
- Lee, Byoung-Sun (Satellite Communications Systems Dept. ETRI-R&B Lab.)
- Published : 1999.12.01
The optimal initial inclination for minimizing the variation of the Local Time of Ascending Node(LTAN) during the three year mission of the KOMPSAT is investigated. At first, the analytical equation for the inclination change by the Sun is derived and the optimal initial inclination by analytical method is derived. Then the analytically derived optimal inclination is checked by the numerical orbit propagation with including all major perturbations. Four different cases of the initial orbital elements are used for monitoring the LTAN variation of the LTAN. Therefore, a new optimal initial inclination by numerical orbit propagation for the KOMPSAT is found. In addition, the variations of the mean and osculating semi-major axis are investigated with the different atmospheric density values. The mean eccentricity vs. argument of perigee diagram for the frozen orbit is obtained.
- ASS Paper No. 95-333 AAS/AIAA Astrodynamics Specialist Conference Chao, C.-C.;Gist, R. G.
- J. of Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences v.25 no.1 Lee, B.-S.;Lee, J.-S.
- JPL EM312/86-151 The Long-Term Orbit Predictor(LOP) Kwok, J. H.
- Space Mission Analysis and Design Boden, D. G.;Wertz, J. R.(ed.);Larson(ed.)
- AAS Paper No. 92-143 v.79 Advances in the Astronautical Sciences Folta, D.;Kraft, L.
- The Aerospace Corporation Techinical Report SD-TR-80-12 An Analytical Integration of the Averaged Equations of Variation Due to Sun-Moon Perturbations and Application Chao, C.-C.
- J. Astron. Space Sci v.15 no.1 Lee, B.-S.;Lee, J.-S.
- ETRI.-Report The Study of Test Tools for Low Earth Orbit Propagation/Determination/Maneuver Programs Choi, K.-H.;Lee, B.-S.;Yoon, J.-C.;Rho, K.-M.;Choi, E.-J.;Sim, K.-J.
- Mathematical Theory of the Goddard Trajectory Determination System Cappelari, J.O.;Velez, C. E.;Fuchs, A. J.(ed.)
- Orbital Mechanics(2nd ed.) Chobotov V. A.(ed.)