- Volume 28 Issue 4
This study was carried out to investigate the effects of freezing temperature on the quality of thawing aged beef loin. Drip loss was higher at 3oC freezing than at 20oC freezing, showing 17.21% drip loss after 6 days aging by 3oC freezing, 14.92% drip loss 12 days aging by 20oC freezing. Cooking loss by both water bath and pan boiling were decreased with increased in aging days. The salt soluble protein extractability of the beef loin was increased until 9 days aging by both 3oC and 20oC freezing, after that was decreased. The L value of the beef loin was high until 9 days aging by 3oC freezing, after that the L value of that was decreased. And the aging at 20oC freezing was high significantly with increased aging days. The a value of the beef loin was low significantly in 6 and 9 days aging by 3oC freezing, 20oC freezing was low significantly with increased aging days. The b value of the beginning of aging was higher with increased aging days. The percentage of denatured myoglobin of the beginning of aging was the highest, then those of 3oC and 20oC freezing showed 89.70% and 88.00%, respectively. The shear force of the beef loin was decreased with aging days, but the myofibrillar fragmentation index increased with aging days. The pH of the beef loin increased until 6 days of aging by both 3oC and 20oC freezing, after that the pH decreased.
- Korean J. Food & Nutr. v.11 Effects of freezing temperature on quality of vacuum packaging freezed beef Jung, I. C.;Kim, D. W.;Moon, G. I.;Kang, S. J.;Kim, K. Y.;Moon, Y. H.
- J. Food Sci. v.49 Aging of Frozen parts of beef Cohen, T.
- Adv. Food Res. v.21 New concepts in meats processing Locker, R. H.;Davey, C. L.;Nottingham, P. M.;Haughey, D. P.;Law, N. H.
- Anim. Sci. Technol. v.64 Palatability of beef imported to Japan Matsuishi, M.;Okitani, A.
- Jpn. J. Zootech. Sci. v.61 Improvement in the palatability of frozen beef by 0℃-storage after thawing Okitani, A.;Matsuishi, M.;Negishi, H.;Yoshikawa, S.
- Anim. Sci. Technol. v.62 Certain physical and chemical properties in beef loins as indices of aging Negishi, H.;Natuno, M.;Yoshikawa, S.
- J. Sci. Fd. Agric. v.24 The effect of repeated freeze-thaw cycles on tenderness and cooking loss in beef Locker, R. H.;Daines, G. J.
- J. Food Sci. v.38 Effect of postmortem conditions on certain chemical, morphological, and organoleptic properties of bovine muscle Parrish, F. C. Jr.;Young R. B.;Miner, B. E.;Andersen, L. D.
- J. Food Sci. v.55 Effect of freezing of beef on subsequent postmortem aging and shear force Crouse, J. D.;Coohmaraie, M.
- J. Food Sci. v.41 Tenderness and water olding properties of beef muscle as influenced by freezing and subsequent storage at -3℃ or 15℃ Winger, R. J.;Fennema, O.
- J. Biochem. v.89 Postmortem changes in the actin-myosin interaction of rabbit skeletal muscle Takahashi, K.;Nakamura, F.;Inoue, A.
- J. Food Sci. v.41 Myofibril fragmentation and shear resistance of three bovine muscles during postmortem storage Olson, D. G.;Parrish, F. C. Jr.;Stromer, M. H.
- J. Food Sci. v.42 Relationship of myofibril fragmentation index to measures of beefsteak tenderness Olson, D. G.;Parrish, F. C. Jr.
- J. Food Sci. v.43 Molecular changes in the salt-soluble myofibrillar proteins of bovine muscle Cheng, C. S.;Parrish, F. C. Jr.
- Agric. Biol. Chem. v.34 Studies on myofibrils from the stored muscle. Postmortem changes in adenosine triphosphatase activity of myofibrils from rabbit muscle Yang, R.;Okitani, A.;Fujimaki, M.
- Meat Sci. v.28 Beef tendermess and sarcomere Length Smulders, F. J. M.;Marsh, B. B.;Swartz, D. R.;Russell, R. L.;Hoenecke, M. E.
- Food Technol. v.23 Preblended and prerigor meat in sausage emulsions Acton, J. C.;Saffle, R. E.
- Korean J. Anim. Sci. v.24 Study of the changes in alkaline rigor muscle during storage at -20℃ Sung, S. K.
- Poultry Sci. v.74 Effect of end-point termperature and storage time on color and denaturation of myoglobin in broiler thigh meat Davis, C. E.;Franks, D. L.
- J. Food Sci. v.43 relationship of myofibril fragmentation index to certain chemical, physical and sensory characteristics of bovine longissimus muscle Culler, R. D.;Parrish, F. C. Jr.;Smith, G. C.;Cross, R. D.
- User's guide(Release 6.03 deition) SAS/STAT
- Meat Sci. v.27 The Amount and composition of the proteins in drip from stored pig meat Savage, A. W. J.;Warriss, P. D.;Jolly, P. D.
- Food Technol. v.37 Post-mortem changes in muscle with regard to processing of hot-boned beef Hamm, R.
- Meat freezing why and how The effect of freezing on the amount of drip from meat Penny, I. F.