- Volume 28 Issue 4
Characteristics of Sugar Cookies with Replacement of Sucrose with Sugar Alcohols (I) Organoleptic Characteristics of Sugar Alcohol Cookies
당알콜을 이용한 Sugar Cookie의 제조 (I) 당알콜 쿠키의 관능적 특징
- Shin, In-Young (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Keimyung University) ;
- Kim, Hyuk-Il (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Keimyung University) ;
- Kim, Chang-Soon (Dept. of Food and Nutrition, Changwon National University) ;
- Whang, Key (Dept. of Food Science and Technology, Keimyung University)
- Published : 1999.08.01
The purpose of this study was to investigate replacing possibility of sucrose by sugar alcohols and to establish the optimum formula for the development of sugar cookies. The characteristics of sugar cookies prepared with xylitol, maltitol, lactitol, isomalt substituted for 35, 50, 75, 100% of sucrose were examined through physical measurement and sensory evaluation. The spread ratio of cookies containing sugar alcohols except xylitol was superior to that of control cookies(sucrose 100%) and the use of lactitol increased the spread ratio of cookies. The specific gravity of cookies containing sugar alcohols except xylitol was lower than that of control cookies. Therefore spread ratio was in inverse proportion to specific gravity. As the proportion of sugar alcohols increased in cookie formula, surface color of cookies was getting lighter than that of control cookies. Especially cookies containing xylitol, maltitol was getting lighter as the levels of replacement increased. Overall quality of cookies with sugar alcohols containing sensory analysis was superior to that of control cookies.
- 빵, 과자 백과사전 월간 제과 제빵사
- 식품과학과 산업 v.29 무설탕 과자 제조에 사용되는 신규 감미료-당알콜류와 신종 당류를 중신으로 김상용;오덕근;김석신;김철재
- Korean J. Dietary Culture v.5 Studies on the functional properties of sugar derivative sweeteners Lee, C. H.;Souane, M.;Lee, H. D.;Kim, S. Y.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.22 Studies on the rheological properties of sugar derivative sweeteners Lee, C. H.;Park, C. S.;Han, B. J.
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.23 Studies on the browning reaction of sugar derivative sweeteners Lee, C. H.;Han, B. J.;Kim, N. Y.;Lim, J. K.;Kim, B. C.
- Chanracteristics of sponge cakes with replacement of sucrose with oligosaccharides and sugar alcohols(M.S. Thesis) Lee, Y. S.
- Cereal. Chem. v.69 Effect of various sugars on the quality of baked cookies Nishibori, S.;Kawakishi, S.
- Cereal Foods World v.41 Opportunities and advantages of sugar replacement Olinger, P. M.;Velasco, V. S.
- The science of cookie and cracker production Mechanism of sugar functionality in cookies Hosency, R. C.;Rogers, D. E.;Farid, H.(ed.)
- Food Industry and Nutrition v.2 Functional properties of sugar alcohols as low-calorie sugar substitutes Hamano, H.
- Seoul National Univ. J. Agric. Sci. v.16 Browning reaction by sugar alcohols with amino acids Han, S. H.;Kim, Z. U.
- 식품과학과 산업 v.28 올리고당의 생리기능 특성 허경택
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.29 Studies on physicochemical properties of erythritol, substitude sugar Byun, S. H.;Lee, C. H.
- Apporved methods of the Am. Assoc. Cereal Chem American Association of Cereal Chemists
- 관능검사 방법 및 응용 김광옥;김상숙;성내경;이영춘
- Cereal. Chem. v.71 Sensory and physical properties of chocolate chip cookies made withvegetable shortening or fat replacers at 50 and 75% levels Armbrister, W. L.;Setser, C. S.
- SAS 통계 자료분석 조중재
- Cereal Chem. v.71 Effect of sugar type and flour moisture on surface cracking of sugr-snap cookies Doescher, L, C.;Hoseney, R. C.
- Cereal. Chem. v.61 Effect of corn sweeteners on cookie quality Curley, L. P.;Hoseney, R. C.
- Cereal Chem. v.74 Effect of formula water content on the spread of sugar-snap cookies Miller, R. A.;Hoseney, R. C.;Morris, C. F.
- 식품화학 김동훈
- Proceedings of the Nutrition Society v.50 Dietary energy on using sugar alcohols as replacements for sugars Aren, J. H.