- Volume 28 Issue 6
To identify antimicrobial activities of soybean paste, studies have been carried out with laboratory manufactured soybean paste, traditional and improved type soybean paste purchased on the market. The soybean paste fermented with Aspergillus oryzae and Rhizopus tamari and commercial soybean paste were shown antimicrobial activities for Bacillus cereus, Escherichia coli, Listeria monocytogenes, Staphy lococcus aureus, Streptococcus faecalis, Escherichia coli O157:H7, Bacillus subtilis and Salmonella typhimurium. Non fermented soybean paste did not show antimicrobial activities against Bacillus cereus, Escherichia coli, Listeria monocytogenes, Staphylococcus aureus and Streptococcus faecalis. The extract of soybean paste extracted by 80% methanol showed the highest antimicrobial activities of in ethyl acetate fraction and followed butanol fraction, respectively. Antimicrobial activities of traditional and improved type soybean paste were shown against all tested microorganisms and clear zone length of traditional soybean paste was slightly larger than that of improved type. Components of antimicrobial fractions of soybean paste were guessed peptides, 4 hydroxy benzoic acid, benzoic acid by GC MS.
- Korea J. Food Sci. Technol v.14 Studies on the changes of lipids during soybean koji preparation for doenjang fementation in model system Rhee,S.H.;Cheigh,H.S.;Kim,C.S.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.15 Effect of mejusoybean paste Seo,J.S.;Han,E.M.;Lee,T.S.
- J. Nutr. v.125 Effect of genistein on in vitro and in vivo models Barnes,S.
- J. Nutr. v.125 Cancer chemoprevention agent development strategies for genistein Steel,V.E.;Pereira Caronline,M.A.;Sigman,C.;Kelloff,G.J.
- J. Nutr. v.125 The evidence for soybean products as cancer proventive agents Kennedy,A.R.
- J. Nutr. v.126 Dietary soybean protein prevents bones loss in an ovariectomized rat model of osteoporosis Arjmani,B.H.;Alkel,L.;Hollis,B.W.;Amin,D.;Sapuntzakis,M.S.;Guo,P.;Kukreja,S.C.
- Korea J. Food Sci. Technol. v.27 fractionation of angiotensin converting enzyme(ACE) inhibitory peptide from soybean paste Shin,Z.I.;Ahn,C.W.;Nam,H.S.;Lee,H.J.;Lee,H.J.;Moon,T.H.
- J. Food Sci. Technol. Konkuk Univ. v.1 Destruction of aflatoxin during the manufacture of doenjang by traditional method and anticancer activities of the doenjang Park,K.Y.
- J. Korean Soc. Food Nutr. v.2 Antioxidative materials in domestic meju and doenjang Lee,J.H.;Kim,M.H.;Im,S.S.
- J. Food Sci. v.44 Source of antioxidant activity of soybeans and soy product Pratt,D.E.;Birac,P.M.
- J. Food Sci. v.44 Source of antioxidant activity of soybeans and soy product pratt,D.E.;Birac,P.M.
- A trpical and populor Soybean Food in the Japanese diet, Experientia v.43 A novel fibrinolytic enzyme(nattokinase) in the vegetable cheese natto Sumi,H.;Hamada,H.;Tsushima,H.;Mihara,H.;Murahi,H.
- J. Japanese Brewing v.85 Functions of miso Ebine,H.
- Korean J. Post Harvest Sci. Technol. v.5 Antibacterial activity of water extract of green tea against pathogenic bacteria Park,C.S.
- J. Korean Agric. Chem. Soc. v.38 Sereeing of domesic plants with antibacterial activity Yang,M.S.;Ha,Y.L.;Nam,S.H.;Choi,S.U.;Jang,D.S.
- Korean J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.25 Antimicrobial activites of pine needle Choi,M.Y.;Choi,E.J.;Rhim,T.J.;Can,B.C.;Park,H.J.
- Antimicrobial food additives Luck,E.;Jager,M.
- Korean J. Post Harvest Sci. Technol. v.5 Effects of ethanol extracts from clrysanthemum petals on the growth inhibition of microorganism Jeong,Y.J.;Lee,M.H.;Lee,G.D.;Park,N.Y.;Kwon,J.H.
- Japan J. Zootech Sci. v.42 Preservative effect of egg white lysozyme of Vienna sausage Akahi,A.
- Med. Microbiol. Immunol. v.182 Killing of Candida albicans by lactoferricin B, a potent antimicrobial peptide derived from the N-terminal region of bovine lactoferrin Bellamy,W.;Wakabayashi,H.;Shimamura,S.
- J. Bacteriology v.172 Cloning, expression, and nucleotide sequence of the Lactobacillus helveticus 481 gene encoding the bacteriocin helveicus Joerger,M.C.;Klaenhammer,T.R.
- Official methods for analysis (16th ed) AOAC
- Handbook of food analysis v.1 Nollet,L.M.L.
- J. korean Agric Chem. Sco. v.35 Chemical composition changes in fermented doenjang depend on doenjang koji and its mixture Joo,H.K.;Kim,D.H.;Oh,K.T.