- Volume 27 Issue 3
Fermentation Method of Kimchi Using Halophilic Lactobacillus sp. HL-48 and Lactic Acid
Halophilic lactobacillus sp. HL-48균주와 젖산을 이용한 김치의 제조 방법
- 최경숙 (생명공학연구소 미생물효소RU) ;
- 성창근 (충남대학교 식품공학과) ;
- 김명희 (생명공학연구소 미생물효소RU) ;
- 오태광 (생명공학연구소 미생물효소RU)
- Published : 1999.06.01
To extend the storage period and to inhibit contamination of Kimchi by Escherichia coli, conditions of Kimchi brining and effects of the fermentation starter, halophilic Lactobacillus HL-48 were investigated. Optimum brining condition for Kimchi was accomplished in 15% NaCl and at pH2.5-3.0 adjusted by lactic acid. Starter-treated Kimchi showed pH 4.2 after 18hr fermentation, while the pH of starter-untreated Kimchi resulted in 3.3. After 36hr fermentation, the number of E. coli in starter-treated Kimchi was found clearly to decrease and not detected macroscopically, but contamination of E. coli (5.3
Kimchi starter;halophilic Lactobacillus HL-48;lactic acid;Kimchi fermentation
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.8 Studies on tje volatile fatty acids and carbon dioxide produced in different Kinchi Chyun, J.H.;H.S. Rhee
- J. Kor. Agric. Chem. v.25 Studies on the Kimchi pasteurization Part Ⅱ. Effects of Kimchi pasteurization conditions of the shelf-life of Kinchi Lee, N.J.;J.K. Chun
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.28 Effects of psychrotrophic lactic acid bacteria starter on Kimchi fermentation So, M.H.
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.20 Effects of garlic extracts on the aerobic bacteria isolated from Kimchi Cho, N.C.
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotech. v.18 Inhibitory effect of misin upon Kimchi fermentation Choi, S.Y.;I.S. Lee
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.26 Kimchi preparation woth brined Chinese cabbage and seasoning mixture stored separately Park, W.S.;I.S. Lee
- The 1th Symposium Proceedings on Science of Kimchi Characterization of fermentation period and repression of fermentation Ha, D.M.
- The 1th Symposium Proceedings on Science of Kimchi Physicochemical and microbial properties of market Kimchi during fermentation in different containers Shin, D.W.
- Bulletin of the Scientific Research Institute v.5 Studies on the effects of polygalacturonase and film-forming microbes on soft-deterioration of pickled vegetables Ha, S. S.
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotech. v.22 Novel starter culcure for Kimchi, using bacteriocin producing Enterococcus faecium strain Ha, D.M.
- J. Kor. Agric. Chem. v.26 Studies on the packaging and preservation of Kimchi Lee, Y.H.;I.W. Yang
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.20 Effect of garlic concentrations on growth of microorganism during Kimchi fermentation Cho, N.C.;D.Y. Jhon
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.2 The lactic acid bacteria in connection with the fermentation of vegetables Cho, D.H.
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.16 Effect of temperature and salt concentration on Kimchi fermentation Mheen, T.I.;T.W. Kwon
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.27 Cultural characteristics of psychrotrophic lactic acid bacteria isolated from Kimchi So, M.H.
- Korea University Cultural characteristics of psychrotrophic lactic acid bacterial isolated from kimchi So, M.H.