- Volume 27 Issue 3
Effect of Reducing Agents on Bifidobacterium Fermentation of Saccharified Rice Solution
환원제 첨가가 쌀당화액의 Bifidobacterium발효에 미치는 영향
- 이주연 (경원대학교 공과대학 식품생물공학과) ;
- 목철균 (경원대학교 공과대학 식품생물공학과) ;
- 박종현 (경원대학교 공과대학 식품생물공학과) ;
- 장학길 (경원대학교 공과대학 식품생물공학과)
- Published : 1999.06.01
This study was intended to develop a new rice product by the fermentation of saccharified rice solution using Bifidobacterium and to select an appropriate reducing agent to provide the anaerobic condition for the growth of Bifidobacterium during fermentation. The enhancement of the growth of Bifidobacterium in saccharified rice solution was achieved by the treatment of reducing agents such as ascorbic acid and cysteine. The physical and chemical properties of the fermented product were evaluated, and the effect of the reducing agents were compared between ascorbic acid and cysteine. The fermented product with the addition of ascorbic acid shows the lower pH and the higher titratable acidity comparing the product with the addition of cysteine. This indicated that ascorbic acid was more appropriate reducing agent than cysteine for the fermentation of the saccharified rice solution. The number of viable Bifidobacterium in the fermented product with the addition of ascorbic acid(2.2
saccharified rice solution;Bifidobacterium fermentation;ascorbic acid;cysteine
- Agric. Chem. Biotech. v.41 no.7 Optimal preparation of saccharified rice solution for bifidobacterium fermentation Lee, J.-Y.;C. Mok;J.-H.mPark;H.-G. Chang;D.-J. Koo
- Sensory Test of Foods Lee, Y. C.;K.O. Kim
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.28 Effect of culture conditions on the growth characteristics and survival of Bifidobacterium breve Park, H.K;T.R. Heo
- Milchwiss v.28 Kisza, J.;S. Ziajka
- SAS User;s Guide: Statistic, 5ed. ASA Institute, Inc.
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.29 Rice fermentation by Korean amylolytic Bifidobacterium Park, J.H.;H.K. Song;J.-B. Ahn;G.-E. Ji. C. Mok.
- J. dairy Sci. v.75 Relationship between oxygen sensitivity and oxygen metabolism of Bifidobacterium species Shimamura, S.;F.Abe;N. Ishibashi;H. Miakawa;T. Taeshima;T. Araya;M. Momita
- Bull. Kobe Med. Coll. v.28 Studies of infant nutrition with special reference to fat responsible for the growth of Lactobacillus bifidus Oishi, Y.
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.29 Enhancement of cultivation efficiency of Bifidobacterium longum using calcium carbonate buffer system Lee, K.-Y.;I.-B. Hwang;T.-R. Heo
- Kor J. Dairy Sci. v.6 Distribution of Bufidobacterium in Korean infant excrements Kim, S. H.;K.-H. Kang
- J. Dairy Sci. v.64 Growth of bifidobacteria in milk and preparation of Bifidobacterium infantis for their dairy adjunct Collins, E.B.;B.J. Hall
- Kor. J. Dairy Sci. v.12 Studies on the growth of Bifidobacterium bifidum HY-8108 in Milk Lim, K.S.;C.S. Huh;Y.J. Back
- Sangkyunkwan University Study on growth properties and characterization of factors affecting the aerobiosis of aerotolerant Bifidobacterium Jung, H.G.
- Kor. J. Food Sci. Technol. v.29 Fermentation of carrot juice by Bifidobacterium Park, S.-Y.;Y.-T. Ko.;J.Y. Lee;C. Mok;J.H. Park;G.-E.Ji