- Volume 27 Issue 3
Antimicrobial Activity of The Volatile Components from Fruit Peel of Chopi(Zanthoxylum piperitum DC)
초피(Zanthoxylum piperitum DC) 과피의 휘발 성분의 항균작용
- 서기림 (가톨릭대학교 화학과) ;
- 이현주 (가톨릭대학교 화학과) ;
- 고경희 (가톨릭대학교 식품영양학과)
- Published : 1999.06.01
The volatile components (essential oil) showing antimicrobial activity were extracted from the fruit peel of Zanthoxylum piperitum DC by distillation and separated by thin layer chromatography (TLC). The crude volatile components exhibited antimicrobial activity only at very high concentration. The active fraction obtained by TLC inhibited noticeably the growth of bacteria. The minimum inhibitory concentration (MIC) of the fraction were 150ppm, 300ppm, and 300ppm against Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Salmonella enteritidis, respectively. The components in the active fraction were identified by gas chromatography/mass spectrometry to be geranlyl acetate (60.23%), citronellal(36.01%), citronellol(3.77%), geraniol(0.46%), and cumin ldehyde(0.43%).
Zanthoxylum pipritum;anitmicrobial activity;distillation;GC/MS
- J. Amer. Chem. Soc. v.67 The antibacterial principle of Allium sativum. Ⅲ. Its Presursor and "essential oil of garlic" Cavallito, C. J.;J.H. Bailey
- J. Nat. Prod. v.56 Isolation and structure determination and identification of antimicrobial compounds Zanthoxylum integrifoliolum Jen, C.M.;I.L. Tsai;D.J. Horng;I.S. Chen
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. v.28 Chemical constituents of Korean chopi (Zanthoxylan piperitum) and sancho(Zanthoxylum schinifolium) Ko, Y.S.;H.J. Han
- Korean J. Nutrition v.28 Studies on the antibacterial effect of wasabi extracts Seo, K.L.;D.Y. Kim;S.I. Yang
- J. Food Sci. v.49 Effects of essential oils from plants on growth of food spoilage yeasts Conner, D.E.;L.R. Beuchat
- Korean Folk Medicine-monographs Series no.3 Lee, S. J.
- J. Med. Chem. v.32 Antimalarial activity of new water-soluble dihydroartemisinin derivatives. 2. Stereospecificity of the ether side chain Lin, A.J.;M. Lee;D.L. Kalyman
- J. Nat. Prod. v.56 Hydroxyalk-(4Z)-enoic acids and colatilc components form the seeds of Zanthoxylum armatum Ahmad, A.;L. N. Misra;M. M. Gupta
- Korean J. Dietary Culture v.4 Effect of the volatile constituents of mugwort seed extract on the growth of microorganism Sun, J.B.;B.K. Lee;S.T. Shim;J.K Lee
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.41 Antibacterial activity against Streptococcus mutans of mate tea flavor components Kubo, I.;H. Muroi;M. Himejima
- J. Amer. Chem. Soc. v.66 Allicinm the antibacterial principle of Allium sativum. Ⅰ. Isolation, physical properties and antibacterial action Cavallito, C. J.;J.H. Bailey
- Food Chemical v.2 Antimicrobial activity of wasabi·cinnamon and their uses Miyamoto, T.
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.44 Characteristics of the steam-distilled oil and carbon dioxide extract of Zanthoxylum simulans fruits Chyau, C. C.;J.L. Mau;C.M. Wu
- J. Agric. Food Chem. v.40 Antimicrobial activity of green tea flavor components and their combination effects Kubo, I.;H. Muroi;M. Himejima
- Korean J. Food Sci. Technol v.21 Flavor components of the fruit peel and leaf oil from Xanthoxylum piperitum DC Kim, J.H.;K.S. Lee;W.T. Oh;K.R. Kim
- Plant Cell Reports v.8 Antiplasmodial activity of Artmisia annua plant cell cultures Tawfig, N. K.;L.A. Anderson;M. F. Roberts;J.D. Phillipson;D.H. Bray;D.C. Warhust
- Korean J. Food Hygiene v.7 Antimicrobial activity of the essential oils of Artemisia princeps var orientalis Ahn, B. Y.
- Science v.228 Qinghaosu (artemisinin): An antimalarial drug from China Klayman, D.L.
- Phytotheraphy Res. v.4 Bioactive Furanocoumarins from the berries of Zanthoxylum americanum Saqib, Q. N.;Y.H. Hui;J.E. Anderson;J.L. MacLauglin
- J. Food Sci. v.42 Inhibition of growth aflatoxin production by cinnamon and clove oil;Cinnamic aldehyde and eugenol Bullerman, L. B.;F. Y. Lieu;S. A. Seier
- Adv. Food Sci. v.18 Inhibitory effect of sancho (Zanthoxylum piperitum DC) on the growth of food spoilage microorganisms and identification of antimicrobia; compounds Han, Y.S.;K.E. Byoun
- J. Food Sci. v.59 Antibacterial activity of cabbage juice against lactic acid bacteria Kyung, K.H.;H.P. Fleming
- Phytochemistry v.39 Flavonol glucosides in pericarps of Zanthoxylum bungeanum Xiong, Q.;D. Shi;M. Mizuno