- Volume 21 Issue 1
CERTAIN METHODS FOR PROVING TWO RESULTS CONTIGUOUS TO KUMMER'S SECOND THEOREMS
- KIM, YONGSUP (Dept. of Mathematics, Wonkwang University) ;
- RATHIE, ARJUN K. (Dept. of Mathematics, Government Dungar College (M.D.S. University)) ;
- CHOI, JUNESANG (Dept. of Mathematics, Dongguk University)
- Received : 1999.02.20
- Published : 1999.07.30
The object of this note is to provide various methods for proving two results contiguous to Kummer's second theorem by using the classical Gauss's summation theorem and contiguous relations.
Hypergeometric series;Kummer's second theorem;Gauss's summation theorem;Gauss's second summation theorem;Contiguous results;Preece's identity
Indian J. Math.
GeneralizatioftS of Watson's theorem on the sum of a
$_3F_2$Lavoie, J.L.;Grondin, F.;Rathie, A.K.
- Proc. London Math. Soc. v.22 no.2 The product of two generalized hypergeometric functions Preece, C.T.
- Special Functions Rainville, E.D.
- Rev. Mat. Estat. v.15 A short proof of Preece's identities and other contiguous results Rathie, A.K.
- Far East J. Math. Sci. v.6 no.2 A note on an identity due to Preece Rathie, A.K.;Choi, J.
- Le Matematiche (Catania) v.50 On Kummer's second theorem involving product of generalized hypergeometric series Rathie, A.K.;Nagar, V.
- J. Reine Angew. Math. v.15 Uber die hypergeometrische Reihe Kummer, E.E.
- Proc. London Math. Soc. v.28 no.2 Products of generalized hypergeometric series Bailey, W.N.
- Generalized Hypergeometric Series Bailey, W.N.
- Comm. Korean Math. Soc. v.13 Another proof of Kummer's second theorem Rathie, A.K.;Choi, J.
- Comm. Korean Math. Soc. v.14 A generalization of Preece's identity Rathie, A.K.;Kim, Y.