- Volume 30 Issue 5
Free Vibration Analysis of Perforated Plates Using Equivalent Elastic Properties
- Park, Suhn (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Jeong, Kyeong-Hoon (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Tae-Wan (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Kang-Soo (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute) ;
- Park, Keun-Bae (Korea Atomic Energy Research Institute)
- Published : 1998.10.01
Many studies for the perforated plates have been done, especially on the subject of static behavior and stress distribution in the plate. Equivalent elastic properties are one of the successive concepts for this problem. However little effort was taken to get their dynamic characteristics. In this paper finite element modal analysis was performed for the perforated plates having square and triangular hole patterns. An attempt to use existing equivalent elastic properties into the modal analysis of the plate was carried out. To verify feasibility of the finite element models, modal test was also performed on one typical perforated plate. System parameters such as natural frequencies and mode shapes were extracted and compared with the analysis results.
- J. of Applied Mechanics;Trans-ASME v.17;74 The Plane-stress Problem of Perforated Plates Horvay
- Code Francais de Construction des Appa reils a Pression-Edition 1985 CODAP
- Formulas for Natural Frequency and Mode Shape Blevins, R. D.
- Evolution and Synthesis of the Effective Elastic Constants Concept from 1948 to Present - New Design Curves for Triangular and Square Patterns, PVP v.120 Osweiller, F.
- Analytical Methods in Vibrations Meirovitch, L.
- J. of Engineering for Industry, ASME Trans., Series B Effective Elastic Constants Comstants for the Bending of Thin Perforated Plates with Triangular and Square Penetration Patterns O'Donnell, N.J.
- Stress Analysis of Thick Perforated Plates Slot, T.
- Proc. of the 1st Int'l Modal Anal. Conf. Modal Analysis of Perforated Plates with Triangular patterns of Circular Holes Plyat, S.N.;Villasor, A.P.Jr.
- J. of Engineering for Industry, ASME Trans., Series B Effective Elastic Constants for Thick Perforated Plates with Square and Triangular Penetration Patterns Slot, T.;O'Donnell, N.J.