- Volume 2 Issue 2
A Study on Buckling Behavior of Shallow Circular Arches
낮은 원호아치의 좌굴거동에 대한 연구
- 김연태 ;
- 허택녕 ;
- Published : 1998.06.01
Behavioral characteristics of shallow circular arches with dynamic loading and different end conditions are analysed. Geometric nonlinearity is modelled using Lagrangian description of the motion. The finite element analysis procedure is used to solve the dynamic equation of motion, and the Newmark method is adopted in the approximation of time integration. The behavior of arches is analysed using the buckling criterion and non-dimensional time, load and shape parameters which Humphreys suggested. But a new deflection-ratio formula including the effect of horizontal displacement plus vertical displacement is presented to apply for the non-symmetric buckling problems. Through the model analysis, it's confirmed that fix-ended arches have higher buckling stability than hinge-ended arches, and arches with the same shape parameter have the same deflection ratio at the same time parameter when loaded with the same parametric load.
shallow circular arches;geometric nonlinearity;Lograngian description;non-dimensional parameters
- Journal of the Structural Engineering v.110 Dynamic analysis of arches using Lagrangian approach Raithel, A.;Franciosi, C.
- 대한토목학회 논문집 v.12 no.2 비선형운동해석에 의한 낮은 아치의 동적임계좌굴 하중의 결정 김연태;허택녕;김문겸;황학주
- International Journal of Solids and Structures v.5 A nonlinear finite element analysis of shallow circular arches Walker, A.C.
- Technical Note 2840 Buckling of low arches and curved beams of small curvature Fung, Y.C.;Kaplan, A.
- Finite Element Procedures Bathe, K.J.
- Computer and Structures v.7 no.6 Geometrically nonlinear finite element analysis of beams, frames, arches and axisymmetric shells Wood, R.D.;Zienkiewicz, O.C.
- Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division v.108 no.EM6 Dynamic stability boundaries for shallow arches Gregory, W.E.;Plaut, R.H.
- Finite Elements in Plasticity Owen, D.R.J.;Hinton, E.
- Rep. No. UCSESM 74-4 Static and dynamic geometric and material nonlinear analysis Bathe, K.J.;Ozdemir, H.;Wilson, E.L.
- International Journal for Numerical Method in Engineering v.9 Finite element formulations for large deformation dynamic analysis Bathe, K.J.;Ramm, E.;Wilson, E.L.
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics Journal v.3 no.5 On dynamic snap buckling of shallow arches Humphreys, J.S.