- Volume 2 Issue 2
Seismic Behavior of the Friction Pendulum System in Bridge Seismic Isolation
교량에 설치된 마찰 단진자 시스템의 지진하중에 의한 거동연구
- 오순택 ;
- 김영석 ;
- Published : 1998.06.01
This paper summarizes a study on the application of the friction pendulum system in bridge seismic isolation. Shaking table tests have been carried out on a model structure isolated with F.P.S and the obtained structural responses are compared to those of non-isolated. It can be concluded the F.P.S increases the earthquake resistance capacity of the isolated structure. It is also found that the stiffness of bearing, being controlled by the radius of curvature of the spherical sliding interface, is unaffected by the amplitude of the input excitation. Furthermore, the coefficient of sliding friction is velocity dependent so that in weak excitation the sliding velocity is low and, accordingly, the mobilized friction force is less than the one mobilized in strong excitation. Also, the frictional properties of the bearings remain markedly stable after extensive testing, and the permanent displacements are small and not cumulative in successive earthquakes.
friction pendulum system;bridge seismic isolation;input excitation;permanent dlsplacement
- Passive Energy Dissipation Systems in Structural Engineering Soong, T. T.;Dargush, G. T.
- Report No. NCEER-88-0038 Teflon bearings in aseismic base isolation. experimental studies and mathematical modeling Mokha, A.;Constantinou, M.C.;Reinhorn, A.M.
- J. Stuct. Engrg. v.116 no.2 Teflon bearings in base isolation Ⅱ: modeling Constantinou, M.C.;Mokha, A.; Reinhorn, A.M.
- Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics v.18 no.1 A comparative study of performance of various base isolation systems, part Ⅰ:shear beam structures Su, L.; Ahmadi, G.;Tadjbakhsh, I.
- Guide specifications for seismic isolation design American Association of State Highway;Transportation Officials-AASHTO
- Uniform building code, earthquake regulations for seismicisolated structure International Conference of Building Officials ICBO
- Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics v.15 no.3 Dynamics of resilient friction base isolator (R-FBI) Mostaghel, N.;Khodaverdian, M.