- Volume 2 Issue 1
The eigenvalue problem is presented for the building with added viscoelastic dampers by using component mode method. The Lagrange multiplier formulation is used to derive the eigenvalue problem which is expressed with the natural frequencies of the building, the mode components at which the dampers are added, and the viscoelastic property of the damper. The derived eigenvalue problem has a nonstandard form for determining the eigenvalues. Therefore, the problem is examined by the graphical depiction to give new insight into the eigenvalues for the building with added viscoelastic dampers. Using the present approach the exact eigenvalues can be found and also upper and lower bounds of the eigenvalues can be obtained.
- Journal of Sound and Vibration v.146 no.3 Resonance characteristics of connected subsystems : theory and simple configurations Igusa, T.
- Earthquake Engineering Structural Dynamics v.14 Modal analysis of non-classical damped linear systems Veletsos, A.S.;Ventura, C.E.
- Mathematica : a system for doing mathematics by computer Wolfram, S.
- Principles of Dynamics, 2nd ed. Greenwood, D. Y.
- ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics v.46 On some general properties of combined dynamical systems Dowell, E.H.
- Technical Report NCEER-93-0006 Inelastic response of reinforced concrete sturctures with viscoelastic braces Lobo, R. F.
- Earquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics v.18 Seismic response of steel frame structures with added viscoelastic dampers Zhang, R. H.;Soong, T.T.