- Volume 11 Issue 1
A general formulation of the long cylinder tolerance design for the joint structure is here presented. The aim of this paper is to calculate the tolerance of joint by defining tolerance as a kind of uncertainty and to obtain the robustness of the joint structure. It is formulated on the bases of the minimum sensitivity theorem. The objective function is the tolerance sensitivity for the Von-Mises stress. It also took into full account the stress, displacement and weight constraints. PLBA(Pshenichny-Lim-Belegundu-Arora) algorithm is used to solve the constrained nonlinear optimization problem. The finite element analysis is performed with CST(Constant-Strain-Triangle) axisymmetric element. Sensitivities for design variables are calculated by the direct differentiation method. The numerical result is presented for the cylindrical structure where the joint tolerance is treated as random variables.
- Transactions of the ASME v.106 Optimal Tolerance Design of a Printer Actuator Chen, J. S. C.;Wang, S.
- Journal of Mechanisms, Transmissions, and Automation in Design v.111 Optimum Selection of Descrete Tolerances Lee, W. J.;Woo, T. C.
- Journal of Mechanical Design v.114 Robustness of Design Through Minimum Sensitivity Belegundu, A. D.;Zhang, S.
- ASME Design Automation Conference v.23-2 Minimum sensitivity Design of Planar Kinematic Syetems Patil, U. R.;Krishnaswami, P.
- Introduction to Finite Elements in Engineering Chandrupatla, T. R.;Belegundu, A. D.
- ANSYS Engineering Analysis System User's Manual G. J. DeSalvo; R. W. Gorman
- 고체역학 엄기원
- 유한요소법 입문 임상전;곽병만;이주성
- Design Sensitivity Analysis of Structural Systems Haug, E. J.;Choi, K. K.;Komkov, V.
- Journal of Mechanical Design v.115 Design Sensitivity Derivatives for Isoparametric Elements as an Integrated Part of Finite Element Analysis Zumwalt, K. W.;El, M. E. M.
- Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering v.57 An Active Set RQP Algorithm for Engineering Design Optimization Lim, O. K.;Arora, J. S.