- Volume 11 Issue 7
The numerical model that can describe the ignition of pseudospark discharge using hybrid fluid-particle(Monte Carlo )method has been developed. This model consists of the fluid expression for transport of electrons and ions and Poisson's equation in the electric field. The fluid equation determines the spatiotemporal dependence of charged particle densities and the ionization source term is computed using the Monte carlo method. This model has been used to study the evolution of a discharge in Argon at 0.5 torr, with an applied voltage if 1kV. The evolution process of the discharge has been divided into four phases along the potential distribution : (1) Townsend discharge, (2) plasma formation, (3) onset of hollow cathode effect, (4) plasma expansion. From the numerical results, the physical mechanisms that lead to the rapid rise in current associated with the onset of pseudospark could be identified.
- Z Physik A 290 Production of high current particle beams by low pressure spark discharges Christiansen, J.;Schultheiss, Ch.
- IEEE Trnas. Plasma Sci. v.17 The fundamentals of the pseudospark and its applications Frank, K.;Christiansen, J.
- LEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. v.19 High-power, high-current pseudospark switches H. Riege;E. P. Boggasch
- LEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. v.17 High repetition rate, fast current rise pseudospark switch G. Mechtersheimer;R. Kohler(et al.)
- IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. v.17 Generation of intense pulsed electron beams by pseudospark discharges Benker, W.(et al.)
- Phys. Rev. Lett. v.60 Origin of anomalous emission in superdense glow discharges Hartmann, W.;Gundersen, M. A.
- in The Physics and Applications of Pseudosparks, New York : Plenum The Solution of the continuity equations in ionization and plasma glowth Davis, A. J.;Niessen, W.
- in The Physics and Applications of Pseudosparks, New York : Plenum Self-consistent models of dc and transient glow discharges Boeuf, J. P.
- IEEE Trans. Plasma Sci. v.19 Pseudospark Discharges Via Computer Simulation Boeuf, J. P.;Pitchford, L. C.
- J. Appl. Phys. v.63 no.5 A two-dimensional model of dc glow discharges Boeuf, J. P.
- Phys. Rev. A v.36 no.6 Numerical model of rf glow discharges J. P. Boefu
- Solid-State Electrons v.16 Numerical method for the solution of the transient behavior of bipolar semiconductor devices Peterson, O. G.
- Phys. Rev. E v.49 Two-dimensional hybrid model of low-pressure glow discharges Fiala, A.;Pitchford, L. C.;Boeuf, J. P.
- Nuclear Instruments and Methods v.205 The triggered pseudospark chamber as a fast switch and high intensity beam source Bloess, D.;Kamber, I.;Riege, H.
- Phys. Rev. A v.36 no.6 Numerical model of rf glows discharges Boeuf, J. P.