- Volume 34 Issue 3
It is main objective of this approach to present a method to analyse stochastic design sensitivity for problems of structural dynamics with randomness in design parameters. A combination of the adjoint variable approach and the second oder perturbation method is used in the finite element approach. An alternative form of the constant functional that holds for all times is introduced to consider the time response of dynamic sensitivity. The terminal problem of the adjoint system is solved using equivalent homogeneous equations excited by initial velocities. The numerical procedures are shown to be much more efficient when based on the fold superposition method : the generalized co-ordinates are normalized and the correlated random variables are transformed to uncorrelated variables, where as the secularities are eliminated by the fast Fourier transform of complex valued sequences. Numerical algorithms have been worked out and proved to be accurate and efficient : they codes whose element derivative matrices can be explicitly generated. The numerical results of two cases - 2-dimensional portal frame and 3/4-cylindrical shell structure - for the deterministic and stochastic sensitivity analysis illustrates in this paper.
- J. Eng. Mech. Div. v.100 no.EM1 Exact and Inrariant 2nd-Moment Code Format Hasofer. A.M;Lind. N. C
- Int. J. Num. Meth. Eng. v.32 Stochastic Desgin Sensitivity in Structural Dynamics Hien. T.D;Kleiber. M
- J. Eng. Mech. v.113 no.6 Structural Response Variability Shinozuka, M.
- 大韓機械學會 論文集 v.18 no.8 Structural Optimization using Stochastic Finite Element Method Lim, O. K.(et al.)
- J. Eng. Mech. v.117 no.8 Weighted Integral Method Ⅰ: Stochastic Stiffness Matrix Deodatis, G.
- Comput. struct. v.37 no.6 Finite Element Analysis based on Stochastic Hamilton Variational Principle Hien. T.D;Kleiber. M
- AIAA J. v.24 '1st and 2nd order Sensitivity Analysis of Non-linear Systems Mroz. Z;Haftka. R. T.
- Comput. Struct. v.38 no.516 Stochastic Structural Design Sensitivity of Static Response Hien. T.D;Kleiber. M
- thesed' Etat, Univ. de Nice Quelques Results en Optimization de domain Bousselet. B
- 大韓土木學會 論文集 Variational Approach for the Design Sensitivity Analysis of Geometrically Non-linear Structures Ryu. Y.S.
- Appl. Mech. Rev. v.41 no.5 Finite Element Methods in Prob-abilistic Structural Analysis : A Selective Review Benaroya. H;Rehak. M
- Comp. Struct. v.12 Structural Optimization by Chance Constrained Programming Techniques Rao. S. S
- Int. J. Num. Meth. in Eng. v.23 Random Field Finite El-ements Liu, W. K;Belytschko. T;Mani. A
- Comput. Struct. v.21 Structural Design Sensitivity Analysis of Non-linear Re-sponse Ryu. Y. S.;Haririan. M;Arora. J.S.
- J. Eng. Mech. v.14 no.12 Structural Response Variability Ⅱ Bucher. C. G.
- Design Sensitivity Analysis of Structural Systems Haung, E.J.;Choi, K. K.;Komkov. V
- The Stochastic Finite Element Method The Stochastic Finite Element Method Hien. T. D;Kleiber. M
- Comp. Struct. v.12 The Stochastic Finite Element Method Contreras. H
- J. Eng. Mech. v.109 no.5 Stochastic Finite Element Analysis of Simple Beams Vanmarcke. E.;Grigoriu. M.