- Volume 34 Issue 3
Species Compositon and Seasonal Variations of Fishes Collected by Winged Stow Nets on Anchors off Namhae Island
남해도 연안해역에서 낭장망에 의해 어획되는 어류의 종조성 및 계절변동
- Published : 1998.09.01
Species composition and seasonal variations of fishes collected by winged stow net on anchors in the coastal water off Namhae Island was studied from May 1989 m April 1990. During the study period, a total of 56 fish species were collected. Engraulis japonicus, Conger myriaster, Trichiurus lepturus, Sardinella zunasi, Ammodytes personatus, and Thryssa kammalensis predominated. These six species accounted for 93.9% of the total number and 81.3% of the total biomass of fishes collected. Fishes collected by winged stow nets on anchors were primarily small fish species or early juveniles of large fish species. Both abundance and species composition of fishes changed with season. Seasonal peaks of number of species occurred in spring and fall, while those of number of individuals and biomass occurred in spring. The lowest number of individuals and biomass were observed in winter. Low species diversity indices were observed in summer. These low diversity indices in summer were mainly due to predominance of E. japonicus which accounted for approximately 90% of all fishes collected. More species and greater biomass were collected during nighttime.
- The Fishes of Korea Chyung, M.K.
- Environ. Biol. Fish. v.19 The influence of diel cycle, tidal direction and trawl aligment on beam trawl catches in an equatorial estuary Quinn, N.J.;B.L. Kojis
- Coloured Fishes of Korea Kim, I.S.;E.J. Kang
- Bull. Korean. Fish. Soc. v.24 The demersal fishes of Asan Bay. Ⅱ. Diurnal and seasonal variation in abundance and species composition Lee, T.W.;G.C. Kim
- J. Oceanol. Soc. Korea v.12 no.1 Set net catches of anchovy, Engraulis japonica (HOUTTUYN) as related to environment Hwang, C.;W.S. Kim
- J. Oceanol. Soc. Korea v.19 no.2 Seasonal fluctuations in abundance and species composition of fishes in Cheonsu Bay using trap net catches Lee, T.W.;K.J. Seok
- SPSS/PC+ TM : SPSS for the IBM PC/XT/AT Norusis, M.J.
- California. Fish. Bull. U.S. v.78 no.3 Diel and seasonal variation in abundance and diversity of shallow water fish populations in Morro Bay, California Horn, M.H.
- Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. v.28 The demersal fish of Asan Bay. Ⅳ. Temporal variation in species composition from 1990 to 1993 Lee, T.W.;S.W. Hwang
- 수산사전 박구병;고관서;유성규;이응호
- Korean J. Ichthyol. v.2 Species composition and diversity of fisheries resources, nekton, off the coast of Hwasun, southern part of Cheju Island Go, Y.B.;H.S. Shin
- Bull. Korean. Fish. Soc. v.24 The demersal fishes of Asan Bay. Ⅰ. Optimal sample size Lee, T.W.
- Korea. J. Oceanol. Soc. korea v.25 no.3 Seasonal variation in abundance and species composition of surf zone fish assemblage at Taecheon Sand Beach Shin, M.C.;T.W. Lee
- The Fishes of the japanese Archipelago Masuda, H.;K. Amaoka;C. Arago;T. Uyeno;T. Yoshino
- Bull. Korean. Fish. Soc. v.24 The demersal fishes of Asan Bay. Ⅱ. Spatial variation in abundance and species composition Lee, T.W.
- Korean J. Ichthyol. v.5 no.2 The fluctuation of fish communities from the coast of Kunsan Ryu, B.S.;Y. Choi
- Bay. Ocean Res. v.10 no.1 Variations of abundances of ichtyoplankton in Kwangyang Yoo, J.M.;S.S. Cha
- Mar. Biol. v.102 Diel variations and seasonal consistency in the fish assemblage of the nonestuarine Sulaibikat Wright, J.M.
- Korean J. Ichthyol. v.9 no.2 Species composition and seasonal variations of fishes in eelgrass (Zostera manina) bed in Kwangyang Bay Huh, S.H.;S.N. Kwak
- Korea. Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. v.16 no.3 Fish larvae of Changson Channel in Namhae Kim, Y.U.
- Samchonpo. Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. v.24 no.2 Fish assemblage collected by gill net in the coastal shallow water off Shinsudo Kim, C.K.;Y.J. Kang
- Bull. Kunsan Fish. J. Coll. v.18 no.1 Fundamental studies of the species composition caught by long bag net in Gogunsan area Ryu, B.S.;K.R. Lee
- Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. v.19 no.5 Species composition and seasonal variations in abundance of fishes in eelgrass meadows Huh, S.H.
- Amer. Sci. v.63 The impact of man on seagrass systems Thayer, G.W.;D.A. Wolfe;R.B. Williams
- J. Korean Fish. Soc. v.30 no.1 Species composition of fish collected by trammel net off Heunghae, Hwang, S.D.;Y.J. Park;S.H. Choi;T.W. Lee
- Ann. Rev. Ecol., syst. v.4 The structure of lizard communities Pianka, E.R.
- Korean J. Ichthyol. v.10 no.1 Seasonal variations in species composition of fishes collected by an otter trawl in the coastal water off Namhae Island Huh, S.H.;S.N. Kwak
- Fishes of Japan with Pictorial keys to the Species Nakabo, T.;M. aizawa;Y. Aonuma, Akihito;Y. Ikeds;A, Iwata;K. Sakamoto;K. Sshimada;H. Senou;K. Hatooka;M. Hayashi;K. Hosoya;U. Yamada; T. Yoshino
- Korean. J. Ichthyol. v.6 no.1 Distribution of the ichthyoplankton in Kwangyang Bay Cha, S.S.;K.J. Park
- Korean J. Ichthyol. v.4 no.1 Community structure and variation of juvenile fishes in the coastal waters, Shinsudo, Samchonpo Kin, Y.H.;Y.J. Kang
- Maine. Trans. Am. Fish. Soc. v.1 Nighttime catches of fishes in a tidal cove in Montsweage Bay near Wiscasset McCleave, J.D.;S.M. Fried
- The Mathemational Theory of Communication Univ. Shannon, C.E.;W. Weaver
- 수산진흥원 사업보고 v.92 연안어업자원조사 국립수산진흥원
- Korean J. Ichthyol. v.9 no.2 Seasonal changes in species composition of fishes collected with a bottom trawl in Kwangyang Bay Cha, S.S.;K.J. Park
- Korea. Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. v.22 Seasonal fluctuation in abundance and species composition of demersal fishes in Cheonsu Bay of the Yellow Sea Lee, T.W.