- Volume 34 Issue 2
Feeding habits of Lateolabrax Japonicus collected from the eelgrass bed in Kwangyang Bay from January 1994 to December 1994 were studied. L. Japonicus was a carnivore which consumed mainly amphipods (gammarid amphipods and caprellid amphipods), crabs, caridean shrimps and copepods. Its diets included small quantities of fishes, mysids, polychaetes, tanaids and isopods. Three distinct ontogenetic feeding groups were noted : (1) 1~2 cm SL individuals preyed heavily on copepods. (2) 2~15 cm SL individuals preyed heavily on amphipods. (3) individuals over 15 cm SL preyed heavily on crabs, caridean shrimps and fishes. L. Japonicus showed seasonal changes in prey composition. These changes were not caused by seasonal changes in food availability, but by changes in the size composition of L. Japonicus occurred in the eelgrass bed.
- Technical Report of WSFRI v.1994 Studies on the technology development for seed production of sea bass, Lateolabrax japonicus Kim, C.H.;S.G. Kim
- Coloured Fishes of Korea Kim, I.S.;Y.J. Kang
- J. Aquat. v.9 no.4 Genetic characterization of two types of sea bass, Lateolabrax japonicus in Korea by isozyme analysis Park, J.Y.;K.K. Kim;Y. Kim
- Korean J. Ichthyol. v.5 no.2 The fluctuation of fish communities from the coast of Kunsan, Korea Ryu, B.S.;Y. Choi
- The Fishes of Korea Chyung, M.K.
- Technical Report of NFRDA v.101 Studies on the technology development for seed production fo sea bass, Lateolabrax japonicus Kang, H.W.;H.C. Sae;S.W. Kim
- J. Korean Fish. Soc. v.30 no.5 Feeding habits of Syngnathus schlegeli in eelgrass (Zostera marina) bed in Kwangyang Bay Huh, S.H.;S.N. Kwak
- Bull. Korean Fish. Soc. v.24 no.2 Fish assemblage collected by gill net in the coastal shallow water off Shinsudo, Samchonpo Kim, C.K.;Y.J. Kang
- Korean J. Ichthyol. v.8 no.1 The fish fauna and their characteristics of Sohuksando Island, Korea Lee, C.L.;D.S. Joo
- Korean J. Ichthyol. v.9 no.2 Species composition and seasonal variations of fishes in eelgrass (Zostera marina) bed in Kwangyang Bay Huh, S.H.;S.N. Kwak
- Korean J. Ichthyol. v.9 no.1 Provisional classification of temperate sea bass, the genus Lateolabrax (Pisces: Moronidae)from Korea Kim, C.H.;J.C. Jun
- Experimental Ecology of Feeding of Fish Ivlev, V.S.
- Ph. D. Thesis, Pusan Nat'l Fisheries Univ. Feeding ecology of shore fishes in the Samchonpo Channel Kim, C.K.
- Calif. Dep. Fish Game Fish Bull. v.152 Food habits of albacore, bluefin tuna, and bonito in California waters Pinkas, L.;M.S. Oliphant;I.L.K. Iverson
- Ph. D. Thesis, Pukyoun Nat'l Univ. Biotic communities and feeding ecology of fish in Zostera marina beds off Dae Island in Kwangyang Bay Kwak, S.N.
- J. Korean Fish. Soc. v.31 no.2 Feeding habits of Sebastes inermis in the eelgrass (Zostera marina) bed in Kwangyang Bay Huh, S.H.;S.N. Kwak
- Korean J. Ichthyol. v.9 no.2 Feeding habits of Leiognathus nuchalis in eelgrass (Zostera marina) bed in Kwangyang Bay Huh, S.H.;S.N. Kwak
- Korean J. Ichthyol. v.9 no.1 Feeding habits of pholis nebulosa Huh, S.H.;S.N. Kwak