- Volume 15 Issue 2
STUDY ON KOMPSAT SATELLITE MISSION LIFETIME FACTORS
다목적 실용위성의 임무수명 인자에 대한 연구
- 장영근 ;
- 백명진 ;
- Published : 1998.12.01
As the satellite system becomes more complex, the probability of unpredictable failures may be increased due to design inadequacy, experience deficiency, lack of problem recognition. Poor quality control, improper testing, and workmanship fault. Consequently, these problems can lead to the reduction or end of the satellite mission lifetime. This article addresses general satellite failure modes and factors influencing satellite mission life. The mission life factors of LEO sun-synchronous KOMPSAT spacecraft are investigated, in which its mission life is predicted based on these factors. Since the end of mission due to random failures is not predictable, the predictable mission life factors such as power budget, propellant budget, battery charging/discharging cycle, radiation effects payload reliability, single point failure, and redundancy are primarily investigated.
- KOMPSAT Critical Item Plan, CDRL No. PA-06 TRW/KARI
- Spacecraft System Engineering Fortescue, P.;Stark, J.
- IEEE AES System Magazines Freeman, M.
- Lewis Spacecraft Mission Failure Investigation Board Report Lewis Spacecraft Mission Failure Investigation Board
- KOMPSAT Reliability Assessment and FMEA Report, CDRL No. PA-06 TRW/KARI