- Volume 31 Issue 3
Microflora in 14 breast-fed(BF) and 15 formula-fed(FF) infants were investigated before (2-3 months after birth) and after weaning (5-7 months birth) to find the floral differences between the two lactation groups and the floral changes after weaning. Bifidolbacteria showed the highest count among the species of microflora in the BF group before and after weaning, but in the FF group, streptococci showed the highest count before weaning and bifidobacteria after weaning. Before weaning , the count of bifidobacteria, lactobacilli and total acaerobes were significantly higher in the BF group than in the FF. However, the frequencies of clostridia and klesidella , along with the counts of streptococci and eubacteria, were higher in the FF group. After weaning , the only difference was that the total count of aerobic bacteria was higher in the BF group. The counts of streptococci in the BF group and lactobacilli and total anaerobes in the FF group after weaning were significantly higher than before weaning. However, the count of total aerobes in the FF group after weaning was significantly lower than the count before weaning.
- Microbiol. Sci. v.5 The normal microflora : New concepts in health promotion Tannock,G.W.
- Ann. Rev. Nutr. v.6 Gastrointestinal microflora in mammalian nutrition Savage,D.C.
- ASEAN J. Clin. Sci. v.2 Microbial interference in th gastrointestinal tract Tanock,G.W.
- Current Perspectives in Microbial Ecology Control of gastrointestinal pathogens by normal microflora Tannok,G.W.;Klug,M.J.(ed.);Reddy,C.A.(ed.)
- Infect. Immun. v.45 Role of volatile fatty acids in colonization resistance to Clostridium difficile Rolfe,R.D.
- Ann. Rev. Microbiol. v.31 Microbial ecology of the gastrointestinal tract Savage,D.C.
- Human Health : the contribution of microorganisms Metabolic activities of the normal colonic flora Macfarlane,G.T.;Gibson,G.R.;Gibson,S.A,W.(ed.)
- J. Pediatr. v.90 no.5 Morbidity in breast-fed and artificially fed infants Cunningham,A.S.
- J. Pediatr. v.95 no.5 Morbidity in breast-fed and artificially fed infants II Cunningham,A.S.
- J. Pediatr. v.100 no.4 Protective role of human milk against sudden death from infant botulism Arnon,S.S.;Damus,K.;Thompson,B.;Midura,T.F.;Chin,J.
- Br. Med. J. v.3 Resistance of the breast-fed infant to gastroenteritis Bullen,C.L.;Willis,A.T.
- A Color Atlas of Anaerobic Bacteria Mitsuoka,T.A.
- Ann. Inst. Pasteur v.19 Repartition des microbes dans l'intestin du nourrisson Tissier,H.
- Bifidobacteria and Their role Rasic,J.L.;Kurmann,J.A.
- J. Med. Microbiol. v.10 The effect of humanised milks and supplemented breast feeding on the fecal flora of infants Bullen,C.L.;Tearle,P.V.;Stewart,M.G.
- J. Med. Microbiol. v.9 Bifidobacteria in the intestinal tract of infants : an in-vivo study Bullen,C,L.;Tearle,P.V.;Willis,A.T.
- J. Med. Microbiol. v.9 Bifidobacteria in the intestinal tract of infants : an in-vivo study Bullen,C,L.;Tearle,P.V.
- Human Health : the contribution of microorganisms The aquisition of the normal microflora of the gastrointestinal tract Tannock,G.W.;Gibson,S.A,W.(ed.)
- J. Med. Microbiol. v.15 The microbial ecology of the large bowel of breast-fed and formula-fed infants during the first year of life Stark,P.L.;Lee,A.
- Archiv. Dis. Child v.64 Diet and faecal flora in the newborn : Breast milk and infant formula Balmer,S.E.;Wharton,B.A.
- J. Clin. Microbiol. v.25 no.2 Bifidobacterium, Bacteroides, and Clostridium spp. in fecal samples from breast-fed and bottle-fed infants with ans without iron supplement Mevissen-Verhage,E.A.E.;Marcelis,J.H.;Machiel,N.de VOS;Wilhelmina,C.M.;Harmsen-van Amerongen;Jan Verhoef
- J. Jeonju. Univ. v.23 A modified commercial medium for the enumeration of bifidobacteria in feces Jin,H.S.
- Guide for personal computer(version 6.03) SAS/STAT
- Microbiol. Immunol. v.28 no.9 The intestinal microflora of infants : composition of fecal flora in breast-fed and bottle-fed infants Benno,Y.;Sawada,K.;Mitsuoka,T.
- Korean J. Dairy Sci. v.6 no.2 Distribution of Bifidobacterium in feces of Korean infants Kim,S.H.;Kang,K.H.
- Korean J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.22 no.5 Composition and distribution intestinal Microbial flora in Korean Ji,J.E.
- 한국산업미생물학회 특별강연, 춘계학술발표대회 초록집 한국인 유아의 장내세균 분포 지근억