- Volume 14 Issue 1
Relationships between TSP and PM10 concentrations were evaluated using their respective data sets collected from Taegu and Kyeungsan areas during the period of December 1993 to November 1994. The collection of data was made using the gravimetric and $\beta$-ray absorption ($\beta$-MPM) methods for 7 days of every month from three urban sites in Taegu and one suburban site in Kyeungsan. Correlation coefficients between TSP and PM10 concentrations for these four sampling sites were found in the range of 0.85 $\sim$ 0.96. Correlation analysis was also conducted for $\beta$-PM concentration data that were measured only from the residential and commercial sites. The correlation coefficients between TSP and $\beta$-PM concentrations were 0.9 in the residential site and 0.8 in the commercial site. By contrast, the correlation coefficients between PM10 $\beta$-PM concentrations were almost identical for both the residential and commercial sites with a value of 0.88. The mean ratio for PM10 to TSP concentrations for all sites was appeared to be 0.68. The analysis of seasonal trends in PM10/TSP ratios showed that the contribution of PM10 to TSP concentrations was more significant during winter (0.70 $\sim$ 0.75) than during summer (0.61 $\sim$ 0.68). The results of this study may provide empirical informations on the compatability of aerosol data measured by different sampling methods.
- U.S., EPA 600-4-77-027a Ouality Assurance Handbook for Air pollution measurement system, 2, Ambient air specific methods,2-7 U.S. EPA
- Saturation study guidance E.P.A, Region 10, Environmental services division, Environmental characterization programs, Draft, August, 24-37 U.S.EPA
- Atmos. Environ. v.19 Evaluation of the Sierra-Andersen 10 micron inlet for the high-volume sampler Wedding, J.B.;M.A. Wedding;Y.J. Kim
- Measurement of airborne pollutants, Part 1. Ambient air quality Couling, S.(Ed.)
- Transactions, PM-10; Implementation of standard Mathai, C.V.;D.H. Stonefield(Ed.)
- J. Air Pollut. Control Asso. v.36 Intercomparison of High-Volume PM10 Samplers at a site with high particulate concentratios Purdue, L.J.;c.E. Podes;K.A. Rehme
- Atoms. Environ. v.18 no.8 Quantitative assessment of chicago air pollution through analysis fo covariance Sheff, P.A.
Small-scale spatial variability of particulate matter< 10μm (
$PM_10$) and nitrogen dioxide Monn, Ch.;V. Carabias;M. Junker;R. Waeber;M. Karrer;H. U. Wanner
- J. Air Pollut. Control Asso. v.35 no.4 Comment on a field comparison of PM10 inlets at four locations Wedding, J.B.;J.P. Lodge Jr;Y.J. kim
- J. Air Pollut. Control. Asso. v.36 no.8 Intercomparison of high-volume PM-10 samplers at a site with high particulate concentrations Purdue, L.J.;C.E. Rodes;K.A. Rehme;D.M. Holland;A.E. Bond
- J. Air Pollut. Control Asso. v.35 no.4 A field comparison of PM10 inlets at four locations Rodes, C.E.;D.M. Holland;L.J. Purdue;K.A. Rehme
- Air pollution and human cancer Tomatis, L.(Ed.)
- J. Air Pollut. Control Asso. v.35 no.7 A field evaluation of two PM-10 inlets in an industrialized area of Illinois Sweitzer, T.A.
- Korea Reserach Institute of Standard and Science(2nd Ed.) Reference manual for air pollution monitoring equipments Chun, K.J.;W.S. Lee;J.S. Roh;J. Y. Lee;J.B. Park
Particulate matter< 10μm(PM
$PM_10$) and total suspended particulates(TSP) in urban, rural and alpine air in Switzerland Monn, Ch.;O. Braendli;G. Schaeppi;Ch. Schindler;U. Ackermann-Liebrich;Ph. Leuenberger;S. Team
- Atmos. Environ. v.9 The Wedding ambient aerosol sampling inlet(D50=10 micrometer)for the high volume sampler Wedding, J.B.;M.A. Weigand