- Volume 8 Issue 3
Degradation of Aromatic Pollutants by UV Irradiation
UV조사에 의한 방향족오염물의 분해
- Min, Byoung-Chul (Dept. of Environmental Technology, Changwon Polytechnic College) ;
- Kim, Jong-Hyang (Institute Health & Environment) ;
- Kim, Byung-Kwan (Dept. of Chemical Technolgy, Changwon National University)
- Received : 1997.02.17
- Accepted : 1997.04.14
- Published : 1997.06.10
Aromatic pollutants(benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene and xylenes) were photodegraded by using a UV oxidation and the rates of degradation were investigated under various reaction conditions. Each of the solution containing 50 ppm benzene, 150 ppm ethylbenzene and 250 ppm xylenes was found UV-photodegraded over 90% in 1 hour of reaction time, wheras the only was 43 % degradation was obtained with 350 ppm toluene solution. A single component solution was more degradable than a mixed component solution and benzene was almost photodegraded at a pH 4.0, 6.4 and 10.0 after reaction time is 1 hr, ehtylbenzene was photodegraded about 92%(pH 4.0), 90%(pH 6.4) and 91%(pH 10.0), xylenes was photodegraded about 95%(pH 4.0), 90%(pH 6.4) and 92%(pH 10.0), but toluene was photodegraded about 80%(pH 4.0), 43%(pH 6.4) and 70%(pH 10.0), respectively. Kinetics studies show that the rate of decay in TOC(total organic carbon) were pseudo first-order rate except ethylbenzene, and then we could evaluate mineralization rate constants(k) of aromatics.
- 고도정수처리를 위한 기술개발 한국과학기술원
- Photocatalysis Fundamentals and applications Serpone, N.;Pelizzetti, E.
- Chemosphere v.24 Bunce, N. J.;Diodato, G. D.;Safe, S. H.
- Chemosphere v.24 Kawaguchi, H.
- Environ.Sci.Technol. v.16 Peyton, G. R.(et al.)
- Proc. 4th Intern. Conf. Prot. Environ Mansour, M.;Parlar, H.;Korte, F.
- Chem. Rev. v.93 Legrini, O.;Oliveros, E.;Braun, A. M.
- Hazardwaste Hzard. mater. v.4 Weir, B. A.;Sundstrom, D. W.;Klei, H. E.
- Environ. Progress v.8 Sundstrom, D. W.;Weir, B. A.;Klei, H. E.
- Bull. Environ. Contam.Toxicol. v.44 Peterson, D.;Watson, D.;Winterlin, D.
- Photocataoytic degradation of 1,2-dimethyl-3-nitroo-xylenes containing industrial waste waters, EPEL; Lausanne Jakob, L.;Legrini, O.;Oliveros, E.;Braun, A. M.
- U.S. Patent. 5,043,080 Cater, S. R.;Brown, P. M.;Buckley, J. A.;Stenvens, R. D. S.
- Chemosphere v.18 Sarakha, M.;Dauphin, G.;Boule, P.
- ACS Symp. Ser. v.422 Castrantas, H. M.;Gililisco, R. D.
- AIChE natl.Meeting Yue, P. L.;Legrini, O.