- Volume 6 Issue 5
One-Dimensional Model for Simulations of Atmospheric Mixed Layer : Application to Dukyang Bay Area
대기혼합층 모사를 위한 1차원 수치모형 : 득량만에서의 적용
- Kim, Yoo-Keun (Dept. of Atmospheric Science, Busan National University) ;
- Moon, Sung-Euii (Dept. of Atmospheric Science, Busan National University) ;
- Ahn, Joong-Bae (Dept. of Atmospheric Science, Busan National University)
- Published : 1997.10.01
One-dimensional thermodynamic mixed layer model to stimulate variations of meteorological variables wish the planetary boundary layer has been developed In this study. This model consists of 2 prognostic equations, which can predict the variations of potential temperature and mixing ratio and several diagnostic equations. Physics within the surface and mixed layers has been considered seperately in the model. For the variations of the model, Its result has been analysed and compared with observated data over Ole Dukyang Bay for one day, July 23, 1992. The simulated height of mixed layer is comparable to the observation and the variations of temperature and mixing ratio in the mixed layer are also reasonably simulated. Those Imply that the model responds appropriately with given boundary conditions In sprite of Its simplilfied assumptions applied to the model and insufficient boundary and Initial conditions.
Mixed layer;diffusion;boundary layer;Dekyang Bay
- J. Atoms. Sci. v.35 A Model study of the stably statified planetary boundary layer Brost, R. A.;J. C. Wyngaard
- J. Phys. Oceanogr. v.13 On Equatorial Dynamics, Mixed Layer physics and Sea Surface Temperature Schopf, P. S.;M. A. Cane
- J. Atmos. Sci. v.28 Flux-profile relationship in the atmospheric surface layer Businger, J. A.;J. C. Wyngaard;Y. Izumi;E. F. Bradley
- KNMI Sci. Rep. 87-02 Surface fluxes and boundary layer scaling: models and application Holtslag, A. A. M.
- Proc. Symp. Arctic Heat Budget and Atmospheric Circulation Transfer of momentum and heat in the planetary boundary layer Businger, J. A.;J. C. Wyngaard;Y. Izumi;E. F. Bradley
- Ph.D. thesis, Oregon State Univ. A study of E1 Nino/Southern Oscillation: Numerical Experiments and data analysis Ahn, J. B.
- J. Atmos. Sci. v.39 The interactive evolution of the oceanic and atmospheric boundary Layers in the source regions of the trades Kraus, E. B;L. D. Leslie
- Coupled Ocean-Atmosphere Model v.40 Model of Interactive Mixed layers Kraus, E. B.;L. D. Leslie;J. Nihoul.(Ed.)
- J. Phys. Oceanogr. v.2 Wintertime interactions of the atmosphere with the Mediterranean Sea Bunker, A. F.
- Mon. Wea. Rev. v.104 Computation of Surface Energy Flux and Annual Air-Sea Interaction Cycles of the North Atlantic Ocean Bunker, A. F.
- Bound. Layer Meteorol v.37 A simple model of the atmospheric boundary layer: Sensitive to surface evaporation Troen, I.;L. Mahrt