- Volume 1 Issue 4
This paper describes a series of shaking table and pseudodynamic tests for evaluation of seismic performance of base-isolated structures subjected to various seismic earthquake inputs. The main objectives of this study are : (1) evaluation of the effectiveness of base-isolation systems for low-rise structures against severe seismic loads through shaking table tests, (2) verification of the substructuring pseudodynamic test method for the base-isolated structures in comparison with the shaking table test results. In the shaking table test, a quarter scaled three-story structure base-isolated by laminated rubber bearings is tested. In the pseudodynamic test, only the laminated rubber bearing s are tested using the substructuring technique, while the concurrent seismic responses of the superstructure are computed using on-line numerical integration. Comparison with the shaking table test results indicates that the substructuring pseudodynamic test method is very effective for determining the dynamic responses of the base-isolated structure.
- Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics v.5 no.3 Aseismic Base Isolation: Review and Bibliography Kelly, J. M.
- Earthquake Spectra v.6 no.2 Seismic Isolation: History, Application, and Performance-A World View Buckle, I.;Mayes, R.
- Pressure Vessels and Piping Conference, ASEM v.181 Research, Development and Implentation of Rubber Bearings for Seismic Isolation Fujita, T.(et al.)
- J. of Structural Engineering, ASCE v.118 no.8 Experimental Study of Secondary Systems in Base-Isolated Structures Juhn, G.;Manolis, G. D.;Constantinou, M. C.;Reinhorn, A. M.
- Earthquake Engineering Research Center, Report No. UCB/EERC-84/01 Pseudodynamic Test Method for Seismic Performance Evaluation: Theroy and Implementation Shing, P. B.;Mahin, S. A.
- Earthquake Engineering Research Center, Report No. UCB/EERC-85/04 Development of Substructing Technique for On-Line Computer Controlled Seismic Performance Testing Dermitzakis, S. N.;Mahin, S. A.
- J. of Applied Mechanics ASME v.45 Implicit-Explicit Finite Elements in Transient Anaysis: Stability Theory Hughes, T. J. R.;Liu, W. K.
- Proc. of the fourth U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering v.2 Integration Techniques for Substructure Pseudo Dynamic Test Nakashima, M.(et. al.)
- Engineering Structures v.17 no.3 Pseudo-Dynamic Test for Evaluation of Seismic Performance of Base-Isolated Liquid Storage Tanks Kim, N. S.;Lee, D. G.