- Volume 1 Issue 1
This paper presents the result of an international cooperative research on the post-correlation analysis of forced vibration tests and the prediction of earthquake responses of a large-scale seismic test structure. The dynamic analysis is carried out using the axisymmetric finite element method incorporating in finite elements for the for field soil region. Through the post-correlation analysis, the properties of the soil layers are revised so that the best correlation in the responses may be obtained compared with the measured force vibration test data. Utilizing the revised soil properties as the initial linear values, the seismic responses are predicted for an earthquake using the equivalent linearlization technique. It has been found that the predicted responses by the equivalent nonlinear procedure are in excellent agreement with the observed responses, while those using the linear properties are fairly off from the measured results.
- Proc. 11th SMiRT v.K1 The Hualien large-scale seismic test for soil-structure interaction research Tang, H.T.(et al.)
- Proc. 12th SMiRT Forced vibration test of the Hualien large scale SSI model Morisita, H.;Tanaka, H.;Nakamura, N.;Kobayashi, T.;Kan, S.;Yamaya, H.;Tang, H.T.
- Communications in Numerical Methods in Engineering v.9 An efficient wave input procedure for infinite media Zhao, C.;Valliapan, S.
- International Journal for Numerical Methods Engineering Axisymmetric elastodynamic infinite elements for multi-layered half-space Yun, C.B.;Kim, J. M.
- Proceedings of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers v.16 no.1 Earthquake response analysis of the Hualien Large scale seismic test structure Yun, C.B.;Kim, J.M.;Park, K.L.
- Hualien LSST Meeting The unified model of the ground for FVT-2 analysis CRIEPI
- Research Report Direct method of soil-structure interaction analysis for earthquake loadings (II) Yun, C.B.;Kim, J.M.
- Hualien LSST Meeting Status Report on Geotechnical Investigation at Hualien Site CRIEPI
- Research Report Identification of structural and soil properties from forced vibration tests of the Hualien containment model prior to backfill Luco, J.E.;Barros, F.C.P.
- Journal of the Soil Mechanics and Foundations Divisio v.95 no.SM1 Influence of soil conditions and ground motions during earthquakes Seed, H.B.;Idriss, J.M.
- Journal of the Geotechnical Engineering Division v.102 no.GT11 Nonlinear behavior in soil-structure interaction Kausel, E.;Roesset, J.M.;Christian, J.T.
- Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics v.19 Correlation of predicted seismic response using hybrid modeling with EPRI/TPC lotung experimental data Chen, C.H.;Lee, Y.J.;Jean, W.Y.;Katayama, I.;Penzien, J.
- Dynamic Soil-Structure Interaction Wolf, J.P.
- J. of the Geotechnical Engineerig Div. v.98 no.SM7 Shear modulus and damping in soils: design equatons and curves Hardin, B.O.;Srnevich, V.P.
- Research Report Studies on fundamental problems in seismic design analyses of critical structures and facilities Katayama, I.