- Volume 1 Issue 1
Current seismic design philosophy for reinforced concrete (RC) structures on energy dissipation through large inelastic defomations. A nonlinear dynamic analysis which is used to represent this behavior is time consuming and expensive, particularly if the computations have to be repeated many times. Therefore, the selection of an efficient yet accurate alogorithm becomes important. The main objective of the present study is to propose a new technique herein called the prediction approach with siffness measure (PASM) method in the convetional direct integration methods, the triangular decomposition of matrix is required for solving equations of motion in every time step or every iteration. The PASM method uses a limited number of predetermined decomposed effective matrices obtained from stiffness states of the structure when it is deformed into the nonlinear range by statically applied cyclic loading. The method to be developed herein will reduce the overall numerical effort when compared to approaches which recompute the stiffness in each time step or iteration.
- Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division v.85 no.EM5 A method of computation for structural dynamics Newmark, N.M.
- International Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics v.1 Nonlinear dynamic analysis of complex structures Wilson, E. L.;Farhoomand, I.;Bathe, K.J.
- Journal of the Aeronautical Sciences v.17 A recurrence matrix solution for the dynamic response of elastic aircraft Houbolt, J.C.
- Proc. 2nd U.S.-Japan Conference on Recent Advances Comp. Meth. of Struc. Analy. Design, Univ. Finite element analysis of dynamic response Clough, R.W.;Bathe, K.J.
- Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering v.2 Evaluation of numerical integration methods in elasto-dynamics Goudreau, G. L.;Taylor, R. L.
- Proceedings of Sixth Canadian Congress of Applied Mechanics Step-by-step integration in linear structural dynamics Hughes, T.J.R.;Hilber, H. M>
- Vibration Problems in Engineering (Fourth Ed.) Timoshenko, S.;Young, D.H.;Weaver, W. JR.
- Finite Element Procedures in Engineering Analysis Bathe, K.J.
- Structural Research Series No. 465 Simple and complex models for nonlinear seismic response of reinforced concrete structures Saiidi, M.;Sozen, M.A.
- Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering v.7 Nonlinear dynamics by mode superposition Nickell, R.E.
- Computers and Structures v.7 The use of modal superposition in nonlinear dynamics Morris, N.F.
- Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering v.49 A reduction method for nonlinear structural dynamic analysis Idelsohn, S.R.;Cardona, A.
- Computers and Structure v.10 Nonlinear static and dynamic analysis of frames structures Remseth, S.N.
- Journal of Structural Engineering v.116 Analysis for type of structural pounding Maison, B.F.;Kasai, K.
- Bull. New Zealand National Society Earthquake Engineering v.16 Prediction of post-elastic seismic response of structure by a mode superposition technique Gillies, A.G.;Shepherd, R.
- Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics v.20 An incremental mode superposition for non-linear dynamic analysis Mohraz, B.;Elghadamsi, F.E.;Chang, C.J.
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Univ. of Californi Nonlinear Dynamic Response of Reinforced concrete Structures Using Sets of Engenvectors Chang, K.K.
- Ph.D. Dissertation, Univ. of California Use of Stiffness Measure in Dynamic Analysis of Reinforced Concrete Frame Structures Kim, K.J.
- Dynamics of Structures Humer, J.L.
- The Finite Element Method, (Forth Ed.) v.2 Zienkiewicz, O.C.;Taylor, R.L.
- Report No. UMCE 86-1 Feasibility and consequences of moving beam plastic hinging zones for earthquake resistant design of R/C building Al-Haddad, M.S.;Wight, J.K.
- Journal of Structural Engineering v.114 no.8 Theoretical stress-strain model for confined concrete Mander, J.B.
- Engr. Features of the San Fernando Earthquake Analysis of the pacoima dam acceerogram Trifunac, M.D.;Hudson, D.E.