- Volume 13 Issue 2
Cut-off methods of controlling leachate migration from waste landfills and contaminated sites are studied. Permeability and chemical compatibility tests are prrforlned on slurry wall materials including soil-bentonite, cement-bentonite, cement / fly ash-bentonite, plastic concrete. Hydraulic conductivity of soil-bentonite mixture is the lowest of these four bacuill materials. The leachate from municipal solid waste has little influence on the permeability of the backfill materials. The bentonite slurry becomes flocculated and aggregated when exposed to the leachate. The results of the permeability test showed that the hydraulic conductivities of the backfill materials are in the order soil-beiltonite, Plastic concrete, cement-bentonite. And the result c: the compatibility test showed increase in permeability due to the effects of leachate. Thus, in designing the slurry wall it is essential to check the behaviour of the bentonite slurry and backfill materials on the compatibility with the contaminants.
- 오염지반 및 지하수 정화기술에 관한 연구,연구보고서 KICT/94-GE-1101-2 정하익;이용수;우제윤
- '95 봄 학술발표회 논문집 불량매립지 차폐방안 및 침출수의 반응성에 관한 연구 정하익;이용수 ;신한인;우제윤
- Geoenvironmental 2000:Characterization,Containment,Remediation,and performance in Environmental Geotechnics, Geotechnical Special Publication v.46 The State-of-Stress in Soil-Bentonite Slurry Trench Cutoff Walls Evans,J.C.;M.J.Costa
- Geoenvironmental 2000:Characterization,Containment,Remediation,and performance in Environmental Geotechnics, Geotechnical Special Publication v.46 Design and Construction Evaluation of a Slurry Wall at FLR Landfill Superfund Site Zamojski,L.D.;S.W.Perkins,;D.Reinknecht
- Geotchnical Practice for Waste Disposal Daniel,D.E.
- Preceeding of International Conference on Environmental Implications of Construction Materials and Technology Developments, Environmetal Aspects of Contruction with Waste Materials, In-Situ Utilization of Waste Bentonite Slurry Uchiyama,N.;Horiuchi,S.
- Geotechnical Practice for Waste Disposal '87, Geotechnical Special Publication v.13 Plastic Concrete Cutoff Walls Evans,J.C.;(etc.)
- Geotechnical Practice for Waste Disposal '87, Geotechnical Special Publication v.13 Vertical Barriers in Soil for Pollution Containment Ryan,C.R.
- Construction of Diaphragm Walls Hajnal,I.;J.Marton;Z.Regele
- Slurry Walls,McGraw-Hill Book Company Xanthakos,P.P.