- Volume 33 Issue 3
Study on the Charactistics of Cavitation Erosion-Corrosion for Mild Steel(3) - Behavior of Erosion-Corrosion Damage Suppression Under Vibration Cavitation-
연강의 캐비테이션 침식-부식 특성에 관한 연구 (3) - 진동 캐비테이션 손상 억제 거동 -
- Hwang, Jae-Ho (Pukyong National Univetsity) ;
- Lim, Uh-Joh (Pukyong National Univetsity) ;
- Jeong, Ki-Cheol (Dongmyung Junior College)
- Published : 1997.09.01
The component materials threatened by cavitation include ship propellers as well as turbine runners, pump impellers, pipe lines and radiators. Today it is known that cavitation damage takes place on many other components including on the coding water side of the cylinder liners of diesel engines. Cavitation erosion - corrosion implies damage to materials due to the shock pressure or shock wave that results when bubbles form and collapse at a metal surface within a liquid. To suppress cavitation erosion as well as cavitation erosion - corrosion to hydraulic equipment, innovations such as the improvement in the geometric design of the equipment or the selection of suitably resistant construction materials are necessary. In this study, we investigated that the cavitation erosion - corrosion damage under vibratory cavitation can be reduced by adding of side now velocity to the cavitation bubble group in order to eliminate bubbles formed in sea water environment.
- Macmillan Principles and Prevention of Corrosion D.A. Jone
- ASTM STP v.82-4 On Cathodic Protection in Cavitation Damage Plesset, M.S.
- ASTM STP 567 K. Steller;T. Krzysztofowic
- Proc. ASME Symp. Cavitation Erosion Fluid System Talks,M.G.;Moreton,G.
- State of the Art, ASTM STP 705 Engine Coolants Testing Ailor,W.H.
- ASTM Some Observations on Erosion by Cavitation and Impingment G.C.Gould
- Metal Corrosion v.G32-85 03.02 Wear and Erosion Annual Book of ASTM Standards
- 한국부식학회 v.25 no.3 진동 캐비네이션 침식 - 부식 손상에 미치는 유속의 영향 황재호;임우조
- 한국어업기술학회지 v.32 no.3 연강의 캐비네이션 침식 - 부식 특성에 관한 연구(2) 황재호;임우조
- Wear v.124 Effects of Plating on Cavitation Erosion T. Okada;Y. Iwai