- Volume 7 Issue 4
There are many difficulties in designing the engine structure properly due to the strong conflicts between NVH characteristics and the high performance, light weight and low product cost. Many feasible noise reduction techniques should be carefully incorporated to meet such stringent noise requirements. It is also required that the engine development be carried out by introducing concurrent engineering, in which the analysis and test database are usefully applied to the detail designs from the 1st stage. This paper reviews the significance of the noise characteristics of the structure elements in relation to the combustion pressure. The mechanisms of the crank shaft rumbling, which is the main source having the bad influence on the sound quality, are also explained. The influences of dynamic behavior of engine structure on its noise are investigated, followed by discussions on experimental results of the features necessary for the design of low noise engine concepts.
- SAE790225 Problems and Development in Automotive Engine Noise Reserch Priede, T.
- SAE750798 The Effect of Combution System on Engine Noise Challen, B. J.
- SAE800534 In Search of Origins of Engine Noisese-an Historical Review Priede, T.
- SAE800402 Engine Noise Due to Mechanical Impacts at Pistons and Bearings Lalor, N.;Grover, E. C.;Priede, T.
- SAE790272 Piston Movement and its Influence on Noise of Automotive Engines Sander, W.;Steidle, W.;Wacker, E.
- SAE790365 Relation Between Crankshaft Torsional Vibration and Engine Noise Ochiai, K.;Nakano, M.
- 일본자동차기술 v.49 no.6 Excitation Mechanism of Half Order Engine Vibrations Nakada, T.;Tonosaki,H;Yamashita,H.
- JSAE9541524 Correlation between Crankshaft Vibration, Engine-Structure Vibrations, and Engine Noise Okamura, H.
- Trans. of ASME, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics v.117 Simple Modelling and Analysis for Crankshaft Three-Dimensional Vibrations, Part 1:Background and Application to Free Vibrations Okamura, H.;Shinno, A.;Yamanaka, T.;Suzuki, A.;Sogabe, K.
- Trans. of ASME, Journal of Vibration and Acoustics v.117 Simple Modelling and Analysis for Crankshaft Three-Dimensional Vibrations, Part Ⅱ:Application to asn Operating Engine crankshaft Moroda, T.;Okamura, H.
- SAE810772 An Analysis of the Movement of the Crankshaft Journal of during Engine Firing Ishihama, M.;Hayashi, Y.;Kubozuka, T.
- 일본자동차기술회논문집 no.31 Bending Vibration of Crankshaft at High Enigine Speeds Yoshikawa, K.;Nagiri, S.;Sumi, K.
- SAE880883 An Approach to Improve Engine Quality Kuroda, O.;Fujii, Y.
- 일본자동차기술 v.44 no.12 Improvement of Engine Noise Control by Reducing Bending Vibration of Crankshaft-Flywheel Systems Ide, S.;Uchida, T.;Ozawa, K.
- 일본자동차기술회 학술강연회전쇄집891 Improvement of Vehicle Interior Noise during Acceleration by a New Crank shaft Member Shintani, H.;Teramoto, T.;Morozane, K.;Deguchi, H.
- SAE911070 Design Strategies for Low Noise Engine Concepts Brandl, F. K.;Wunsche, P.;Gschweitl
- 일본자동차기술 v.40 no.12 Engine Noise Reduction by Newly-developed Cylinder Block Stiffener Morita, S.;Teramoto, T.;Fujita, K.;Deguchi, H.
- SAE951235 A Technique to Indetify the Structure Borne Sound Sources Induced by Powertrain Vibration Behavior Lee, J. K.;Yeo, S. D.;Bang, J. H.
- 일본자동차기술회 학술강연회 전쇄집954 Coupled Vibration Analysis of Crankshaft and Power Plant Shinbata, K.;Kagaya, H.;Horikawa, K.
- 일본자동차기술 v.46 no.6 Dynamic Behavior Analysis and Rumbling Noise fo SI Engine Crankshaft Katano, H.;Iwamoto, A.;Saito, T.
- ME056, ISATA29th On the Characterisitcs of Timing Belt Noise in Idling Engines Lee, J. K.