- Volume 25 Issue 6
알칼리 내성 Bacillus sp. YA-14 유래의 중복 Promotor를 이용한 재조합 Plasmid로부터의 Pectate Iyase의 발현
- Park, Hee-Kyoung (Department of Biotechnology and Bioproduct Research Center, Yonsei University) ;
- Hahm, Byoung-Kwon (Department of Food engineering, Dankook University, Korea and Bioproduct Research Center Yonsei University) ;
- Yu, Ju-Hyun (Department of Biotechnology and Bioproduct Research Center, Yonsei University) ;
- Bai, Dong-Hoon (Department of Food engineering, Dankook University, Korea and Bioproduct Research Center Yonsei University)
- 박희경 (연세대학교 생명공학과.생물산업소재 연구센터) ;
- 함병권 (단국대학교 식품공학과.연세대학교 생물산업소재 연구센터) ;
- 유주현 (연세대학교 생명공학과.생물산업소재 연구센터) ;
- 배동훈 (단국대학교 식품공학과.연세대학교 생물산업소재 연구센터)
- Published : 1997.12.01
For the overproduction of pectate lyase (PL), the recombinant plasmid pl2BS fl which has strong promoter from alkali-tolerent Bacillus sp. YA-14 was used. In order to overexpress the pectate lyase by the action of overlapping strong promoter in pl2BS$\Delta$fl, 1.6 kb of PL gene was inserted into pl2BS$\Delta$fl to form pl2BS$\delta$f1-PL and the enzyme was expressed. But decreased expression efficiency of the PL gene was observed and it was due to the presence of the transcription terminator region on the upstream of the PL gene. The transcription terminator of the PL gene in pl2BS$\delta$f1-PL was removed and the resulting plasmid p12BS$\Delta$fl$\Delta$PL was formed. Bacillus subtilis 207-25 harboring the recombinant plasmid, p12BS$\Delta$fl$\Delta$PL, revealed increased expression efficiency with chloramphenicol induction when cat-86 was used as a reporter gene.
Alkali-tolerant Bacillus sp. YA-14;Strong promoter;Pectate lyase
- J. Biol. Chem. v.258 Transcriptional and translational start sites for the Bacillus thuringiensis crystal protein gene Wong,H.C.;H.E.Schnept;H.R.Whiteley
- Nucleic Acids Res. v.11 DNA sequence of the tandom ribosomal RNA promoter for B. subtilis operon rrnB Stewart,G.C.;K.F.Bott
- Cell v.5 Promoter for a developmental regulated gene in Bacillus subtilis Moran,Jr.C.P.;N.Lang;C.D.B.Banner;W.G.Haldenwang;R.Losick
- J.Bacteriol. v.159 Molecular cloning of pectate lyase genes from Erwinia chrysanthemi and their expression in Escherichia coli Keen,N.T.;D.Dahlbeck;B.Staskawicz;W.Belser
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol. v.19 Studies on the properties of the promoter from alkali-tolerant Bacillus sp. Par,H.K.;Y.S.Park;J.M.Kim;J.H.Yu.
- J.Bacteriol. v.146 Cloning restriction fragments that promote expression of a gene in Bacillus subtilis Williams,D.H.;E.J.Duvoll;P.S.Lovett.
- J.Bacteriol. v.157 Translational coupling of the trpB and trpA genes in the Escherichia coli tryptophan operon Aksoy,S.;C.L.Squires;C.Squires
- J.Bacteriol. v.155 Restriction fragments that exert promoter activity during postexponential growth of Bacillus subtilis Mongkolsuk,S.;P.S.Lovett.
- Method in Enzymol v.153 Plasmids for the selection and analysis of prokaryotic promoters Brosius,J.
- Nucleic Acids Res. v.9 Rapid and efficient cosmid cloning Ish-Horowicz,D.;J.F.Burke
- Anal. Biochem. v.72 A rapid and sensitive method for the quantitation of microgram quantities of protein utilizing the principle of protein-dye binding Bradford,H.B.
- Cloning vectors v.2 Pouwels,P.H.;B.E.E.Valk;W.J.Brammer
- Molecular cloning: A Laboratory Maual Maniatis,T.;E.F.Fritsch;J.Sambrook
- Nature v.302 Two RNA polymerase sigma factors from Bacillus subtilis discriminate between overlapping promoters for a developmentally regulated gene Johnson,W.C.;C.P.Moran Jr.;R.Losick
- J.Bacteriol. v.160 Construction of a Bacillus subtilis double mutant deficient in extracellular alkaline and neutral proteases Kawamura,F.;R.H.Doi.
- Bacillus Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology Applications Ganesan,A.T.;J.A.Hoch
- Kor. J. Appl. Microbiol. and Bioeng. v.16 Cloning of pectate lyase gene of alkali-tolerant Bacillus sp. YA-14 and its expression in Escherichia coli Yu,J.H.;Y.S.Park;J.M.Kim;I.S.Kong;Y.J.Chung
- Nucleic Acids Res. v.11 Structure and organization of rRNA operons in their region of the replication origin of Bacillis subtilis chromosome Ogasawara,N.;S.Moriya;H.Yoshikawa
- Method in Enzymol v.43 Chloramphenicol acetyltransferase from the chloramphenicol-resistant bacteria Shaw,W.V.
- Mol. Gen. Genet. v.199 A transcription termination signal immediately precedes the coding sequence for the chloramphenicol-in-ducible plasmid gene cat-86 Ambulos,N.P.Jr.;S.Mongkolsuk;P.S.Lovett
- Mol. Gen. Genet. v.207 Promoter switching during development and the termination site of the σ⁴³ operon of Bacillis subtilis Wang,L.F.;R.H.Doi.
- J. Microbiol. Biotech. v.3 Structure and regulation of a complex promoter region from an alkali-tolerant Bacillus sp. Kim,J.M.;Y.S.Park;H.K.Park;D.Y.Yum;D.H.Bai;J.H.Yu.
- Mol. Gen. Genet. v.168 High frequency transformation of Bacillus subtilis protoplasts by plasmid DNA Chang,S.;S.W.Cohen