- Volume 25 Issue 6
Cellulase를 생산하는 Bacillus sp. 79-23 분리와 효소 생산성
- 윤기홍 (우송산업대학교 식품생명공학과) ;
- 정경화 (생명공학연구소 미생물분자유전학전문연구 Unit) ;
- 박승환 (생명공학연구소 미생물분자유전학전문연구 Unit)
- Published : 1997.12.01
A bacterium producing the extracellular cellulases was isolated from soil and has been identified as Bacillus sp. The isolate, named Bacillus sp. 79-23, was shown to be very similar to B. subtilis on the basis of its biochemical properties. The carboxymethyl cellulase (CMCase) of culture supernatant was most active at 60$\circ$C and pH 6.0, and retained 90% of its maximum activity at pH 7.0. The additional carbon sources affected the CMCase productivity than nitrogen sources in the culture medium. The carbon sources including wheat bran, rice straw, maltose and glucose increased the enzyme productivty. Especially, the maximum CMCase production was 5.2 units/ml in LB medium supplemented with 3% (w/v) wheat bran, which was 13-folds more than that in LB medium. It was found that the enzyme production was in association with the growth of Bacillius sp. 79-23. But, whean bran did not affect the growth of isolate, suggesting that increasement of CMCase production was owing to the induction of CMCase biosynthesis by wheat bran. In addition, both water-soluble and insoluble components of wheat bran was involved in induction of CMCase biosynthesis.
- Adv. Microb. Physiol. v.37 Cellulose hydrolysis by bacteria and fungi Tomme,P.;R.A.J.Warren;N.R.Gilkes
- J. Appl. Biochem. v.1 Studies on the extracellular cellulolytic enzyme complex produced by Clostridium thermocellum Shinmyo,A.;D.V.Garcia Martinez;A.L.Demain
- Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. v.44 Transformation of biochemically deficient strains of Bacillus subtilis by deoxyribonucleate Spizizen,J.
- J. Bacteriol. v.169 Regulation and initiation of cenB transcripts of Cellulomonas fimi Greenberg,N.M.;R.A.J.Warren;D.G.Kilburn;R.C.Miller,Jr.
- Microbiol. Rev. v.55 Domains in microbial β-1, 4-glycanases: Sequence conservation, function, and enzyme families Gilkes,N.R.;B.Henrissat;D.G.Kilburn;R.C.Miller,Jr.;R.A.J.Warren
- Annu. Rev. Microbiol. v.44 Molecular biology of cellulose degradation Beguin,P.
- Crit. Rev. Biotechnol. v.17 Xylanolytic enzymes from fungi and bacteria Sunna,A.;G.Antranikian
- J. Appl. Bacteriol. v.72 Pseudomonas fluorescens subsp. cellulosa: an alternative model for bacterial cellulase Hazlewood,G.P.;J.I.Lauie;L.M.Ferreira;H.J.Gilbert
- FEMS Microbiol. Rev. v.13 The biological degradation of cellulose Beguin,P.;J.P.Aubert
- Bergey's Manual of Systematic Bacteriology v.2 Genus Bacillus Cohn 1872 Claus,D.;R.C.W.Berkeley;P.H.A.Sneath(ed.)
- Biotechnol. Lett. v.18 Cloning and expression of a Bacillus sp.79-23 cellulase gene Jung,K.H.;Y.C.Chun;J.C.Lee;J.H.Kim;K.H.Yoon
- Appl. Environ. Microbiol. v.53 Regulation of β-1,4-endoglucanase synthesis in Thermomonospora fusca Lin,E.;D.B.Wilson
- J. Gen. Microbiol. v.131 Regulation of cellulase formation in Clostridium thermocellum Johnson,E.A.;F.Bouchot;A.L.Demain
- J. Gen. Microbiol. v.139 Bacterial cellulases and xylanases Gilbert,H.J.;G.P.Hazlewood
- Anal. Biochem. v.2 Measurement of carboxymethylcellulase activity Miller,G.L.;R.Blum;W.E.Glennon;A.L.Burton
- Molecular Biological Methods for Bacillus Plasmids Bron,S.;C.R.Harwood(ed.);S.M.Cutting(ed.)