- Volume 25 Issue 4
강원도산 상엽과 누에의 혈당강하 활성물질의 특성
- Kim, Sung-Hoon ;
- Kim, Keun-Soo ;
- Lee, Jin-Ha ;
- Chung, Eul-Kwon ;
- Park, Young-Shik ;
- Park, You-Jeong ;
- Lee, Hyeon-Yong
- 김성훈 (강원대학교 식품생명공학부) ;
- 김금수 (미국 국립 건강 연구소) ;
- 이진하 (강원대학교 식품생명공학부) ;
- 정을권 (명진농장 건강식품 연구소) ;
- 박영식 (명진농장 건강식품 연구소) ;
- 박유정 (기린 농협, 가공 사업부) ;
- 이현용 (강원대학교 식품생명공학부)
- Published : 1997.08.01
It was proved that both ethanol extracts from Mori Folium from Kangwon do and silk worm had higher inhibition acitivity on $\alpha$-glucohydrolase than the water extracts. In adding above 8.5 (mg/L) of silkworm extracts, the inhibition rate on $\alpha$-1,4 glucosidase was saturated while the inhibition rate was continuously increased in adding the extracts from Moli Folium. It was also found that the diethyl ether fraction showed much better inhibition activity than water fraction from ethanol extracts, yielding ca. 85% of inhibition rate for the extract of Moli Folium, compared to 91% for a commercially available hypoglycemic drug, Chloropropamide. In separating the diethyl ether fractions by Consecutive Sephadex gel filtration and Thin layer chromatography, three and four active spots were obtained from Moli Folium and silkworm, respectively. It is interesting that the similar Rf spots from both species among several spots in TLC have the highest inhibition acitivity on a target enzyme, which can imply that the active substances from both species are same or similar molecular weight and structure. Glucose-lowering activities of both speciese were also examined in vivo, showing that the fraction from Moli Folium had better activity than that from silkworm, and its activity was similar to that of a commercial drug.
Mulberry leaves;Silk worm;Glucose-lowering activity;Diabetes mellitus
- Diabetic medicine v.10 α-glusosidase inhibition as an adjunt to the treatment of type Ⅰ diabetes Tattersall, R.
- 동물편 식품 비방 한성천
- J. Clin. Invest. v.48 Diabetogenic action of streptozotocin Junod, A.;A. E. Strauffacher;A. E. Renold
- J. Food Eng. v.23 Research direction for food engineering Singh, R. K.
- 생물화공 v.11 건강 식품의 소재, 효능 및 제품 개발 한대석;김석중
- Diabetes v.27 Alloxan stimulation and inhibition of insulin release from isolated rat isiets Weaver, D. C.;M. L. McDanial;S. P. Naber;P. E. Lacy
- Drung v.44 Nutritional recommendation for diabetic patients and treatment with α-glucosidase inhibitor Toeller, M.
- Drugs v.44 Oral antidiabetic agents Levovitz, H. E.
- 한글판 동의보감 허준
- N. Eng. J. Med. v.321 Oral hypoglycemic agents Ostes, J. A.;J. J. Wood
- Adv. Food Res. v.28 Food Technological evaluation of xylitol Hyvonen, L.;P. Koinvistoinen
- J. Pharmacol. Exp. Ther. v.241 Inhibition of inestinal disaccharides and suppression of blood glucose by a new alpha-glucohydrolase inhibitor Rhinehart, B. L.;KM Robinson;P. S. Lui;S. R. Wagner