- Volume 33 Issue 2
In the previous study(6), we constructed the CheY-OmpR hybrid, Chp, which affects the expressions of ompF and om pC genes. Here we further characterize these effects and present the regulatory mechanism based on in vivo and in vitro data. Although Chp retained the sequence-specific DNA-binding ability, it was not possible to enhance transcriptional activity, suggesting that it may act as a competitive inhibitor to OmpR. The DNA-binding affinity of Chp was not modulated by phosphorylation of its Che Y portion. Chp was able to increase ompR transcription. FurthemlOre, it was found that the wild-type OmpR also exerts the same effect, which is also eOlltrolled by changes in medium osmolarity and in EnvZ activity.
- Ann. Rev. Biochem. v.60 Signal transduction pathways involving proteins phosphorylation in prokaryotes Bourret, R. B.;K. A. Bordovich;M. I. Simon
- Mol. Microbiol. v.6 A novel sensor-regulator protein that belongs to the homologous family of signal-tranduction proteins involved in adaptive responses in Escherichia coli Nagasawa, S.;S. Tokishita;H. Aiba;T. Mizuno
- J. Biol. Chem. v.264 Identification of the site of phosphorylation of the chemotaxis response regulator proteins, Che Y Sanders, D. A.;B. L. Gillece-Castro;A. M. Stock;A. L. Burlingame;D. E. Koshland, Jr.
- J. Biol. Chem. v.266 Roles of the highly conserved aspartate and lysine residues in the response regulator of bacterial chemotaxis Lukat, G. S.;B. H. Lee;J. M. Mottonen;A. M. Stock;J. B. Scock
- Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA v.81 A uninque mechanism regulating gene expression: Translational inhibition by a complementary RNA transcrip(micRNA) Mizuno, T.;M. Chou;M. Inouye
- J. Bacteriol. v.174 Positive and negative control of ompB transcription on Escherichia coli by cyclic AMP and the cyclic AMP receptor protein Huang, L.;P. Tsui;M. Freundllich
- Cell. v.49 Conserved domains in bacterial regulatory proteins that respond to environmental stimuli Ronson, C. W.;B. T. Nixon;F. Ausubel
- J. Biol. Chem. v.264 Identification of the DNA-binding domain of the OmpR protein requred for transcriptional activation of the ompF and ompC genes of Escherichia coli by in vivo DNA footprinting Tsung, K.;R. E. Brissette;M. Inouye
- Chem. Rev. v.87 Molecular components of bacterial chemotaxis Stewart, R. C.;F. W. Dahlquist
- J. Bacteriol. v.176 A distant upstream site involved in the negative regulation of the Escherichia coili ompF gene Huang, K.;J. L. Schieberl;M. M. Igo
- Science. v.245 Activation of bacterial porin gene expression by a chimeric signal transducer in response to aspartate Utsumi, R.;R. E. Brissette;A. Rampersaud;S. A. Forst;K. Osoawa;M. Inouye
- Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. v.81 Phosphorylation of bacterial response refulator proteins by low molecular weight phospho-donors Lukat, G. S.;W. R. McCleary;A. M. Stock;J. B. Stock
- Kor. J. Genetics. v.15 no.1 CheY-OmpB Chimeric Response Refulator Ko, M;C. Park
- Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. v.85 Transmitter and receiver modules in bacterial signalin gproteins Kofoid, E. C.;J. S. Parkinson
- Experiments in molecular genetics. Miller, J. H.
- J. Mol. Biol. v.222 EnvZ controls the concentration of phosphorylated OmpR to mediate osmoregulation of the porin genes Russo, F. D.;T. J. Silhavy
- Cell. v.52 A physiological role for DNA supercoling in the osmotic regulation of gene expression in S. typhimurium and E. Coli Higgins, C. F.;C. J. Dorman;D. A. Striling;L. Waddell;I. R. Booth;G. May;E. Bremer
- J. Mol. Biol. v.243 OmpR mutants specifically degective for transcriptional activation Pratt, L. A.;T. J. Silhavy
- J. Mol. Biol. v.146 The ompB locus and the regulation of the major outer membrane porin proteins of Escherichia coli K12 Hall, M. N.;T. J. Silhavy
- J. Biol. Chem. v.157 Osmoregulation of the gene expression: I. DNA sequence of the ompR gene of the ompB operon of Escherichia coli and characterization of its gene producet Wurzel, E. T.;M. Y. Chou;M. Inouye
- Ann. Rev. Genetics. v.26 Communication modules in bacterial signaling proteins Parkinson, J. S.;E. C. Kofoid
- J. Biol. Che. v.263-2 Internation of OmpR, a positive regulator, with the osmoregulated ompC and ompF genes of Escherichia coli Mizuno, T.;M. Kato;Youl-Lae Jo;S. Mizushima
- J. Bacteriol. v.173 cis-Acting ompF Mutations that result in OmpR-dependent constitutive espression Slauch, J. M.;T. J. Silhavy
- J. Bacteriol. v.168 Transcriptional control of flagellar genes in Escherichia coli K-12 Komeda, Y.