- Volume 24 Issue 3
This experiment was conducted to investigate the effect of dietary supplemental charcoal(CH) or charcoal extract(CE) on performance and meat quality of broiler chicks for 5 weeks. Basal diets based on corn and soybean meal contained 21% crude protein for the first 3 weeks and 19% for the rest two weeks. Two levels of dietary CH(O, 0.5%) and CE(0, 0.2%) were fed in a factorial design. There were four replicates of 10 chicks each per treatment. An increased growth rate was observed in chicks fed the basal diet supplemented with CE alone. Chicks fed the diet containing both CH and CE tended to depress the growth rate. Dietary supplemental CH and CE improved the feed conversion efficiency compared to the control group, but was not significantly different between them. The abdominal fat(%) of chicks fed CH alone or both CH and CE tended to de-crease without significant difference. The total lipid content of breast meat of chicks fed CE alone showed significant difference among treatments (P
- J Food Sci v.55 Effects of dietary oils and α-tocopherol supplementation on membranal lipid oxidation in broiler meat Asgher,A.;Lin,C.F.;Gray,J.I.;Buckley,D.J.;Booren,A.M.;Flegal,C.J.
- Poultry Sci v.70 The effect of clenbuterol supplementation on growth performance and on plasma hormone and metabolite levels of broilers Buyse,J.;Decuypere,E.;Huyghebaert,G.;Herremans,M.
- Poultry Sci v.63 A repartitioning agent to improve performance and carcass composition of broilers Dalrymple,R.H.;Baker,P.K.;Gingher,P.E.;Ingle,D.L.;Pensack,J.M.;Ricks,C.A.
- Use of somatotropin in livestock production Alternatives to growth hormone for the manipulation of animal performance Flint,D.J.;Sejrsen K.M. Vesterguard(ed.);A.Neimann-Sorensen(ed.)
- J Biol Chem v.226 A simple method for the isolation and purification of total lipids from animal tissues Folch,J.M.;Lee,M.;Sloan stanley G.H.
- Can J Anim Sci v.68 Omega-3 fatty acid levels and performance of broiler chickens fed red fish meal or red fish oil Hullan,H.W.;Ackman,R.G.;Ratnayake,W.M.N.;Proudfoot,F.G.
- Poultry Sci v.68 Omega-3 fatty acid levels and general performance of commercial broilers fed practical levels of redfish meal Hulan,H.W.;Ackman,R.G.;Ratnayake,W.M.N.;Proudfoot,F.G.
- Western Nutrition Conference Handbook Incorporating omega-3 fatty acid into chicken product lipids Hulan,H.W.
- Poultry Sci v.70 β-adrenergic agonists effects on liver and breast muscle protein synthesis in female chickens Muramatusu,T.;Kakita,M.;Aoyagi,A.;Okumura,J.
- J Anim Sci v.61 Effect of the β-adrenergic agonist L-640,033 on lipid metabolism, growth and carcass characteristics of female broiler chickens Muir,L.A.;Wien,S.;Duquette,P.F.;Olson,G.
- J Food Comp & Analysis v.2 Effects of various n-3 lipid sources on fatty acid composition in chicken tissue Phetteplace,H.W.;Watkins,B.A.
- SAS user guide: Statistics SAS
- Animal Prod v.46 Beta-agonist improve the carcass but may reduce meat quality in sheep Warriss,P.D.;Kestin,S.C.
- 한국가금학회지 v.18 백색산란계의 단백질 및 에너지 대사에 미치는 성형목탄가루, 목초액 및 양조식초의 첨가사료의 영향 고태송;최윤석;김동희
- 일본축산연구 v.34 젖소의 위에서 발생하는 VFA와 네카릿치의 투여효과 福島義信
- The Clinical Report v.9 no.13 약물의 해독작용에 관한 연구 松田義夫
- The Clinical Report v.9 약물의 해독작용에 관한 연구(제8보)-Holyessig를 포함하는 나무껍질 성분에 대한 연구 田村豊辛
- The Clinical Report v.17 no.11 肝實質性黃疸における天然樹液の臨床的檢討 永田耕一