- Volume 29 Issue 5
A Simple Method for Generation of Homologous Internal Standards for Competitive PCR
- Choi, Eu-Na (Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan) ;
- Hahn, Sung-Sik (Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan) ;
- Choi, Kyung-Hee (Department of Biology, College of Natural Sciences, Chung-Ang University) ;
- Na, Doe-Sun (Department of Biochemistry, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan)
- Received : 1996.06.10
- Published : 1996.09.30
In competitive PCR, which is used to quantify target DNA an internal standard is needed. Here we present a simple method to construct homologous competitive standards. The method, which is based upon deletion of a portion of the target DNA, does not require any additional primers. This is the simplest method developed thus far to construct a competitive standard. The whole procedure. from construction of a competitive standard to quantitation by PCR, can be completed within a single day.
- BioTechniques v.19 Borriello, F.;Lederer, J.
- Korean J. Inves. Dermatol. v.2 Choi, E.;Choi, J.H.;Sung, K.J.;Lee, J.D.;Choi, K.H.;Na, D.S.
- GATA v.11 Clementi, M.;Bagnarelli, P.;Manzin, A.;Menzo, S.
- Anal. Biochem. v.16 Chomczynski, P.;Sacchi, N.
- BioTechniques v.16 Foster, E.
- BioTechniques v.14 Heuvel, J.P.;Tyson, F.L.;Bell, D.A.
- Nature v.320 Wallner, B.P.;Mattalino, R.J.;Hession, C.;Cate, R.L.;Tizard, R.;Sinclair, L.K.;Foeller, C.;Chow, E.P.;Browning, J.L.;Ramachandran, K.L.;Pepinsky, R.B. https://doi.org/10.1038/320077a0
- BioTechniques v.19 Zarlenga, D.S.;Canals, A.;Gasbarre, L.